Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Hansen

Uninstalling Orbx FTX Global ........ how?

My agenda:   :P

"I spend hundreds and thousands of bucks for heaps of hardware and addons for a 7-year-old, rather inexpensive, 40 bucks base sim.

After investing all those bucks and having built a 400GB sim installation, instead of starting to sim, I rather go to the forums to argue with other investors of hundreds and thousands of bucks over their huge flightsim installations.

And I blatantly refuse to simply enjoy my hobby ..."

LOL, I am even worse, I instead of simming or passionately arguing my opinions, I come here to SPECTATE other people's arguments.

This hobby has gotten so complicated...

If everyone could please post their agendas in their signature, I could keep track of who I am supposed to be outraged with.

Thanks

pp

LOL! My agenda ^_^  :

I have my networked PC for all external FSX applications. So, when i fly, i leave browser on AVSIM and i read all news and i folow the topics. 

Most of time here i'm trying to discover new things about our hobby, to help other people to enjoy their FSX/FS9, all kind off PC, FSX and FS9 related troubleshoothing, and ocasionall troll chasing becouse that really annoys me

And most important, i'm trying to have some fun

Great comments, but should the above be "I could NOT care less"?

Indeed it should.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I really don't get any of you hating FTX Global. P3D for me now looks PERFECT, autogen and trees are plentiful and in the correct places.. I will NEVER go back to vanilla scenery or GEX.

And I don't understand slavish adoration of a fairly expensive product that's perhaps - and reading here it is perhaps - a bit better than GEX.

It's not a question of hate, just a reasonably questioning mind.

ngxu_banner.png

Think it's time call it a day the facts are laid out like courtcase let users weigh the evidence.

Yeap.

I really don't get any of you hating FTX Global. P3D for me now looks PERFECT, autogen and trees are plentiful and in the correct places.. I will NEVER go back to vanilla scenery or GEX.

P3D does look great now! :yahoo:  :drinks: FTXG is a must buy!

And I don't understand slavish adoration of a fairly expensive product that's perhaps - and reading here it is perhaps - a bit better than GEX.

It's not a question of hate, just a reasonably questioning mind.

"a bit better"? Do you even have the product yourself? I went from GEX/UTX to FTXG and am in a totally different world now. The tree placements are better, the world has a softer realistic feel.

But just my opinion, it is heads over heels better than GEX.

And just take a look at gizmosellsbunnys post #30 in this thread and alainneedle1 #28, try to find the difference:

Even number of "....." at the end is same :lol:

Well spotted.

"a bit better"? Do you even have the product yourself? I went from GEX/UTX to FTXG and am in a totally different world now. The tree placements are better, the world has a softer realistic feel.

But just my opinion, it is heads over heels better than GEX.

I'm pleased you are pleased and I'm sure it's a good product.  

Others are less convinced and I can't see from the published user screenshots that any improvement over GEX is worth £60 of my money.  It's equivalent (nearly) to the Majestic Q400 AND FS2Crew for the A320 Extended for example, so no I don't have it and it's unlikely I ever will.

ngxu_banner.png

Well spotted.

Have you spotted this one?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/414940-ftx-global-night-lights-behaviour-with-other-add-ons/

and this one?

•  
  • Members
  • 01.png
  • Member ID: 285,804
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 10 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted Today, 04:50 AM

I contacted Beeteprint, the guys who make Experience X ...their nightnights( and even actually show the streetlamps) work perfect in DX10 mode and it is scaleable to how much or little you want....They made patches to make it work with UTX as well.

Their reply:

"Hello Steve, unfortunately our product is not compatible with Orbx.

The team ORBX does not respond  our emails and also ignore our desire to make ExperienceX be compatible with Orbx.

Sorry."

I guess FTX lead man is talking out of both sides of his mouth asking for help then refusing to work with other devs.....maybe they should rethink their stance eh?

They shouldn't have tried to make a hack of using trees for lights, it doesn't work because trees don't have lights....

Unfortunately now I can't use this addon anymore due to having installed FTXG.  I fly a lot at night kind of a bummer and really ###### me off for a $90.00 add-on.  DX9 drops me from 60+ fps to 35 and I really don't want to go back to OOMS and slower framerates.

The other thing is I don't want to hear how it's unfixable. If a 1 man dev team can make night lights using autogen and have it working perfect in DX 10 then there is absolutely zero excuse. Sorry I don't want to be fed any more BS

==============================================

Funny that since you read post made here you did not try to reply on these problems, why, any truth to these problems?

heating up popcorn and waiting for mods to arrive. :aggressive:

On the way, will arrive shortly...

It is entirely possible he bought into all the hype from all the forums and did try it out and doesn't like it, There are two sides to everything,

Nope, 3 sides - one side, the other side & the truth :)