Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Hansen

Uninstalling Orbx FTX Global ........ how?

Mike, 

As you mention it yourself, that discussion thread is a few years old. I just went through their FTX compatibility forum and it doesn't look as if they are trying to lock other developpers out, as long as it doesn't break anything.

Concerning the missing lagoon, did you mention it on their forum ? Normally they are quite quick at fixing their own stuff.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Jean-Paul,

Sorry to say I am pretty much “persona non grata” on the Orbx Forums; my posting abilities are nonexistence. I guess my critique of some of their business practices has not exactly enamoured me with the Orbx management. C'est la vie, I think I can live it. B)

C'est la vie, I think I can live it.

That should have read; C'est la vie, I think I can live with it.

This also seems like the perfect moment to mention how great it is to have an Orbx forum here at AVSIM!

Simply restore the backup textures the FTXG installation program prompted you to take care of before installation of the FTXG ones.

not so simply for me...may i ask how to do this?

not so simply for me...may i ask how to do this?

FSX Or Prepar3D ?

The back-up Textures is only needed if you have Installed Orbx Global.   The Installer will give you an Option to Back-up Default Textures in a separate folder. The reason it does this is because Orbx Global overwrites 90% of your default Textures in Scenery\World\Textures. 

If you didn't Back Up your default Textures,  Just Re-Run the Prepar3D Installer again and Click Repair    If you have FSX,  same thing Run a Repair

im using fsx...i backed up my textures at install...but i cant find a revert option anywhere...i can do it manually but im having an elevation issue unrelated to textures...global did something to the default fsx files that i cant find or undo even with removal of global

do.php?img=96428