Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Xplane 10 is still my no.1 Sim

isn't OPUS just a weather injector no textures.  I have AS2012

Yes, but the weather engine places the clouds and if it's doing a good job the 2D effect is minimized and what's seen in the screenshot on the previous page is a rarity. I've found Opus is the best for this kind of thing.

Both sims clouds have their pros and cons right now.

I think DCS World and Rise of Flight do a better job then both.

FS Global Real Weather does an even better job!  I am testing it and really enjoying the effects.

It's also very light because it doesn't come with fancy textures. It does it's job very well, specially winds & turbulence, but also cloud cover, and uses the default stuff in P3D. Of course if you have your own art sets, they will make things look even better ( maybe ).

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

FS Global Real Weather does an even better job!  I am testing it and really enjoying the effects.

It's also very light because it doesn't come with fancy textures. It does it's job very well, specially winds & turbulence, but also cloud cover, and uses the default stuff in P3D. Of course if you have your own art sets, they will make things look even better ( maybe ).

I heard it's good to.

I like Opus because of the camera effects as well though. It's a good package.

That 2nd shot is breath taking.

The second pic is a real life photo! It was there simply as a comparison with the first screenshot. :)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

The second pic is a real life photo! It was there simply as a comparison with the first screenshot. :)

And I was going to buy whatever sim produced it.... :)

Figured it had to be a real pic.

Yes, but the first shot suffers only by comparison with the real deal, and it's a pretty good view as well. 

Frank L.T