Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

FTXG - Can Someone Provide Me - Screenshot of CYYG - Charlottetown PEI

I would really appreciate someone posting a screenshot of the new Orbx Global textures for PEI somewhere near Charlottetown at say 1500-2000'.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I would really appreciate someone posting a screenshot of the new Orbx Global textures for PEI somewhere near Charlottetown at say 1500-2000'.

One of these is Google Maps...

UTX Canada+FTXG

kPtWh.jpg

zL1Kd.jpg

rwXBb.jpg

jKc2i.jpg

7MoC8.jpg

Hey Charles...so you bought it....great!

Thanks for showing me this area, very very few folks ever show screen shots of places in Canada....its' all Europe, Scandinavia, US etc.

I don't like the repeating pattern in the top down view but generally the oblique shots look great.

thanks for taking the time to provide these.

Near CAM3

I don't like the repeating pattern in the top down view but generally the oblique shots look great.

You will always see repetition of textures in a topdown view, specially when you don't use a landclass addon (UTX is not a real landclass addon: its landclass focuses on urban areas). Luckily you notice it a lot less (if at all) when simply flying. To see how much difference landclass makes, check the first two topdown screenshots in this topic. It's a world of difference!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/414664-openlc-demo-comparison-screenshots-both-with-ftxg-caution-large-images/

I have another question regarding UTX, does using FTXG with UTX in any way affect the coastline scenery textures such as beaches?! I say this because on the preview screenshot of Miami posted by John Venema does not show Miami beach at all.

Image I'm talking about is here:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/07/13/78ZYD.jpg

248013_10150273666667049_3547648_a.jpg

Mr Andrew Harrison

Hi Jeroen, I am aware of the texture repeat issue, that it is normal.  I was just commenting in general.  It speaks as to why custom landclass is so beneficial.

I have another question regarding UTX, does using FTXG with UTX in any way affect the coastline scenery textures such as beaches?! I say this because on the preview screenshot of Miami posted by John Venema does not show Miami beach at all.

Andrew, your question is a good one but you have piggy backed onto a specific question about Charlottetown PEI.  Perhaps you should repost with with a specific title to draw attention to you question.

Near CAM3

The UTX beaches are one of the included UTX custom textures. I suppose JV has them turned off. I also have all those custom textures turned off. I do know they don't look too good at night when used with UTX and that some people have turned the custom textures of for that reason, but I just don't need them. Anyway, if you turn them on FTXG shouldn't affect them in any way. But maybe someone who actually owns UTX for the USA can create a screenshot of it.