Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Regarding quote function

Hi

I find myself no longer able to quote someone in the forums.  I notice the 'quote' function has been replaced with 'selective quote', it tells me to select something, I highlight what I would like to quote, click 'selective quote' and nothing happens.

Clearly I am doing something incorrectly.

Could someone please tell me how to quote?

Thanks.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

What browser and version are you trying to use this function with, please? I found selective quote doesn't work on iOS mobile safari.

What browser and version are you trying to use this function with, please? I found selective quote doesn't work on iOS mobile safari.

How interesting 'Quote' has reappeared so I can quote you.  I was trying to quote from the FSX forum, but 'quote' wasn't showing.  I shall go there now and see if it's back.  To answer your question:   Firefox latest and Chrome latest.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Edit: Nope, on the FSX forum I only have 'report' and 'selective quote' available.  Weird.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

As you can tell I am not able to use the Quote function either.  I tried to Quote the first post and as you can see there is no Quote.

I'm using IE11.0.96 and Win7 -64.  The inability to post a Quote issue has only started recently.

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

As you can tell I am not able to use the Quote function either.  I tried to Quote the first post and as you can see there is no Quote.

I'm using IE11.0.96 and Win7 -64.  The inability to post a Quote issue has only started recently.

Billy Bluestar

I am quoting the above post to show what a quote looks like once it is posted. How can I get rid of &nbsp before, in ,and after the quote? Is Selective Quote still a function? Using IE 10.0.11 with Win7-64bit.

Thank you

Michael Cubine

I am about to decide it is related to the upgrade to IE11.  The problem is I do not know what settings I need to have checked in by browser to allow me to use the "Quote" function.  I am also unable to copy and paste.

Billy Bluestar

same issue here since yesterday, neither quote/multiquote nor cut and paste work. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

A quote

same issue here since yesterday, neither quote/multiquote nor cut and paste work.

A selective quote

I use IE 10.0 and Windows 7 64 bit.

This obviously is an IE 11 issue. I have the same problem on the OrbX  forums. MS sneaked the 11 on me two days ago and they know, of course, what is best for my security :spiteful:. Also, Firefox works  OK.

Now I need to find what  IE11 parameter to change :fool:.

MS, the guys who know how to be loved

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Selective quote is back and all the extra junk with quotes has disappered. Happened about 2000Z yesterday.

Michael Cubine

Correction : the quote function works on the A2A forums. It looks like an incompatibility between this forum software and IE11.

It was working with IE10 but not anymore with IE11.

Dominique

I suspected this might have been an IE11 problem.  Hopefully someone will come up with the fixes I'll need to make to IE11 to get it to work with this forum.

Billy Bluestar

I am quoting the above post to show what a quote looks like once it is posted. How can I get rid of &nbsp before, in ,and after the quote? Is Selective Quote still a function? Using IE 10.0.11 with Win7-64bit.

Thank you

Michael Cubine

I use a Firefox plug-in called script blocker and I know if I block scripts from Avsim and/or googleapis sometimes I see those   (html escape code for "space") show up in the quoted reply like that. Do you have anything running or are you using any settings in IE that might be blocking scripts? Just a thought...

Jim

Do you have anything running or are you using any settings in IE that might be blocking scripts? Just a thought...

Jim

IE 10 settings are pretty much the way it came with the exception of home page and getting rid of the Bing junk. But like I said in post number 11 everything in the forum has started working again.

Thanks

Michael Cubine