Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Regarding quote function

If you are ever having problems copying and pasting with IE11 (or any browser), simply hit the BBCode Mode button in the upper left corner of the post, copy and paste, then hit it again to go back to HTML.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, quite frequently when hitting Reply or Quote either one, this editor will randomly toggle on Bold, Italics, Underscore, or Strikethrough...

...it's rather annoying.

Occasionally the cursor will wind up "trapped" inside the quoted text box, and I have to toggle the BBCode Mode button to manually move the cursor outside the quoted text box.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you are ever having problems copying and pasting with IE11 (or any browser), simply hit the BBCode Mode button in the upper left corner of the post, copy and paste, then hit it again to go back to HTML.

Good to know, thanks Jim, but there's still the issue with the quote button. C&Ping is kind of a pain :smile:

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Jim, quite frequently when hitting Reply or Quote either one, this editor will randomly toggle on Bold, Italics, Underscore, or Strikethrough...

...it's rather annoying.

Occasionally the cursor will wind up "trapped" inside the quoted text box, and I have to toggle the BBCode Mode button to manually move the cursor outside the quoted text box.

I see this quite often too Bill and that was with IE10. I had IE11 installed for 35 minutes but it didn't work at all for me in the forums so I went back to IE10. Then had problems with IE10 and now running Firefox. I really hate the fact that when I try to start a new post or topic, the post begins in BBCode or the words are all strikethrough. So I feel your pain.  To be clear, I do not have any control whatsoever over the website or forum software but will make sure Tom and Chase are made aware of the issues (I'm sure they are but will pass the issues on anyway). I'm pretty sure it is out of their hands too but we can only hope.  When the cursor gets stuck inside the quote box though, the best fix is using the BBCode icon and/or hit the F5 (refresh botton).  I have a feeling the BBCode button is the problem and not sure why the button is even an option in the menu.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I found on an Invision forum that the stuck cursor was supposed to be a new feature <sigh>

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Good to know, thanks Jim, but there's still the issue with the quote button. C&Ping is kind of a pain :smile:

Someone is going to have to explain, one more time, the issue with quoting. With Firefox it works fine. I can't keep up with all the changes in browsers, security measures, script blockers, etc. etc. So, someone want to try one more time, cause as far as I can tell both quoting and selective quoting work fine.

Yes it works in FF and was working Ok in IE 10. . Reading various sites, it seems that there is some incompatibilty with Invision and IE 11. IE 11 may also have changed my security setup.

The quoted post does not appear in the box, the cursor comes up but when I try to type my reply everything gets greyed out. The only way to reactivate is the BBCode....

I sympathise with your woes when I look at the IE security options i get dizzy at their sheer number.

Dominique

it may be shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, but on IE10 I've inhibited automatic updates by clicking Help|About Internet Explorer and un-checking the Install new versions automatically box

it may be shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, but on IE10 I've inhibited automatic updates by clicking Help|About Internet Explorer and un-checking the Install new versions automatically box

It works ! Magic trick from you Tom or my IE 11 is really temperamental ?

It works ! Magic trick from your Tom or my IE 11 is really temperamental ?

yes Siiiir, it does, the only thing I changed was t check in Advanced "display a notification of each script error" (rough translation my IE is in French)

Now I will do as advised by mgh, shut down the automatic update.

Dominique