Sign in to follow this  
fencer

EADS changes name to Airbus

I've thumbed pilottj and fencer up for their biz jet love. :smile: Me joins in.

the European connotation could be a drawback when negociating with certain customers...

It's a shame that I have to agree on that. Means I also read the critics and their examples and had to look at my watch, which says 2013. Hence my surprise.

Regarding the name 'Airbus', I've read critics that it would sound 'too French'. What?  :wacko:  I guess that's somehow on the same level. I'm sure that, beginning in 2014, the whole world will only look at product qualities, not names. ^_^

Regarding the name 'Airbus', I've read critics that it would sound 'too French'. What?  :wacko:  

Airbus sounds "perfectly" English to me... :biggrin:  . And by the way that's what the original A300 projet was about : an air bus.

Maybe those who find it too French... don't speak French very well... :smile:

At the end of the day, as you say, the whole world will look mainly at product qualities 

But don't tell the marketing guys that names don't matter . They're probably spending a fortune just to rename the company !  :lol:

Rgds,

Bruno

It's done :

EADS has become Airbus Group

Airbus is still...Airbus

Eurocopter is now Airbus Helicopters

Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military are now Airbus Defense and Space

Final 2013 sales figures for airliners won't be available before Jan, 13 but 2013 will be either the best or second best (after 2011) year in Airbus history for sales. 

Bruno