Sign in to follow this  
darthranger

DX10 with TH2GO

Before I take the DX10 'Plunge'... I was wondering if anyone that has changed over to DX10 is running a 3-monitor setup using TH2GO ?

From what I've read so far there seems to be a bit of an issue running in 'Windowed' mode + that's what I need for my TH2GO set-up.

Rick / Canada

I5 3570K @ 3.8

Gig. 660TI

Darthranger,

I do not run TG2GO but I do run FSX on 3 - 27" monitors using two invidia cards and the nvvidia setup for multiple monitors. I also run FSX in DX10 without an issue in windows mode and in full screen mode which is better than windowed mode. I know this is not your answer to your question. I do know that Paul J runs 3 monitors with his TH2GO and loves it. you might address your question to him and he can fill you in on just what he had to do and how it works with his system. With my setup there was no need for TH2GO.

Have a good one  :yahoo:  MAY DX10 LIVE FOREVER!!!

LH

I've been using DX10 with TH2GO for a few years without problems.

Peter

Depends: what do you want to do with 'windowed mode', Rick?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Rick, I have a GTX 660Ti and run 3 monitors spanned without the use of TH2GO. Nvidia calls it "surround". I run the three monitors, with DX10, in surround mode with quite commendable quality. I also run a forth monitor off a secondary, basic low power graphic card  to display charts (or browse the web during those long flights) on a smaller 19" monitor. To do this though, you have to fly in windowed mode, which when pulled across the real estate of the three monitors, autohide taskbar, is pretty much like flying in full screen mode anyway.

91k0.jpg

The cavaet though is that the 3 monitors have to be the same size and refresh rate to work. It's easiest if all three monitors are the equal. There are also problems experienced with the higher resolution (ie mine is 5760x1080x32) when it comes to pop-up panels and alternate views. FSX isn't prepared for the big resolutions, and if you're lucky, the panels will just be grossly sized. In the worst case scenario, the panel/view will "disappear", leaving you with a spinning constantly busy Windows 7 cursor. The way around that is manually resize and position the panel / view by editing the panel.cfg for the particular aircraft. There is some minor distortion to the view to far left and right extremes of the display, but everything in the centre monitor is fine. This can be lessed with a tweak to your fsx.cfg file.

RM Killins

Hi Rick,

Just noticed your enquiry.  My TIR doesn't care which mode I'm in.  It runs windowed or full screen on my three 22" monitors, DX10 always.

I've always noticed its sensitivity to load.  If my computer is struggling to cope, and I pause TIR for a few minutes, it can freeze (red light stays on).  If my system is well balanced, then no problem.

Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.