Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Alternatives to FS9's ATC?

Yes, the voices are pretty disappointing, compared to FDC. Many seem very 'cut and paste', not at all realistic. Otherwise, a very good programme; I'll just have to learn which voices are best and avoid the worst. Anyone agree or disagree with this, or have any recommendations?

I've always found this topic interesting as I still put up with the foibles of the default FS9 ATC, and as already mentioned the constant changing of frequencies etc., etc.  I must find an alternative, and am still betwixt and between Radar Contact and PFE, however one question, can these programs be run in full screen mode or only in windowed mode ?

Cheers , Echofox

Not sure what you mean. They run in the background. FS can be run in either mode of course whilst PFE/RC4 do their stuff.

PFE is not perfect (much of the content comes from the FS2000 ProFlight Emulator), but the vast array of ATC accents as you fly across different air spaces is great! As is much else, but I have only been using it for 2 days, so am still rather a beginner of course. I chose PFE ultimately because I have FDC (from the same company) and know their support is second to none. RC may also have good support, but I gave up waiting for RC5. Had that been available, I'd probably have gone for it: now it appears it may never be issued (according to 'gossip'!).

As soon as you have a flight loaded up and running (parked recommended but clock running and avionics on) you can press the Start button in RC and it will go to a minimized background level. There isn't much to change but once RC is running with a flight but you can bring up the panel with alt-tab and alt-tab out of it. Once started with flight and you wish to abort RC without using the in-flight Terminate Radar Services option, when you alt-tab to the RC window you will see the Start button has changed to the Quit button.

Be sure FS is set to continue running when you switch options.

hi, please please please tell me where i can find this wonderful you speack of..........

I did download a file year or so ago which changed the behaviour of FS9 ATC, so that they no longer cancel your flight plan if you don't do exactly as they instruct

I have checked and the source I used no longer has the file on their server. I searched for the file name on Google and nothing came up...  :-(

Yes, but I already Googled it and no results come up at all, so it's not going to help you I'm afraid.

Send me a PM.... OK?

Yes, but I already Googled it and no results come up at all, so it's not going to help you I'm afraid.

Send me a PM.... OK?

The file you are talking about is called FS9.1 ATC Modification.zip and can be found at:

http://www.mediafire.com/?68bgf92er8x5atf

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org