Hi All,

Disclaimer first, I realize it is a bit nuts to put FSX onto a Mac.  This is more of an experiment as I do have pretty much a dedicated FSX machine for beta testing and just enjoying flying.

Recently I purchased a Mac mini (Late 2012 model), here is some of the specs

2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB L3 cache

1TB Hard Drive, going to probably change this out soon to a something bigger

Intel HD Graphics 4000

4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory, memory bumping to 8GB or 16GB soon

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 running on a 100GB Bootcamp partition

Win7 is completely up to date with the latest and greatest patches and drivers

FSX is installed in C:\FSX

FSX is patched with SP2/Acceleration

No scenery added

PMDG MD-11/J41/747X w/-8 expansion/NGX installed and all patched to latest SP

I am not pushing the resolution, I put this on an old 1280x1024 LCD monitor and that is the resolution.  I have FSX set to 1280x1024x32 and locked to 20 fps.  Where I am running this I am a bit limited on space and so I don't have a huge setup that my real FSX machine uses.  Also I knew going into this that integrated GPU's are not all that good with FSX.

Everything works great, sliders are all of the way to the right with Autogen scenery going etc etc.  I do realize I probably have the aircraft cast shadows on self and need to remove that and bloom as those tend to cause crashes.

Ok on to my issues.  I recently was doing a long haul flight and about 400nm from my destination it crashed, screen went dark, and then a window came up and said FSX experienced a fatal issues and is restarting.  I was flying with the PMDG 747 and as a beta tester on that aircraft I know how to solve any of the PMDG issues.  It is also happening on the default 747.  I can get a crash almost for certain if I am using time compression above 4x.  Often times I will be in 1x and click the main menu bar and it will crash.  I am not clicking the main menu bar so I am fairly certain it isn't the menu bug.

Anyway wondering if there are any others out there that have gotten a stable FSX on a Mac or Mac mini.  Any help would be great!

Jhan