Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Need your help...anyone recognize these files...?

Doing some cleaning of my FSX installation after years of installing/uninstalling various addons and currently I'm focusing on the FSX\Texture and FSX\Scenery\World\Texture folders. Should also mention that I have a 100% clean and out-of-the-box FSX SP2 installation I always keep on my disk should I ever need any of the default files.

I'm done with the FSX\Texture folder but looking at the FSX\Scenery\World\Texture folder I have a number of files (39 to be exact) not found in the clean FSX SP2 installation so appearently these files were at some time added by some addon. I have already uninstalled all addons that would likely place/replace any files in this folder and restored the initial backups that were done during installation of the addons but still these files remain and now I would like to know what program/addon are responsible for these files and if I'm safe deleting them.

Here's a screenshot showing the files. Would be much appreciated if someone knows what addon/program these files belong to.

Thanks in advance!

Extra%20files%20in%20Scenery%20World%20T

Richard Åsberg

Hi Richard,

I have the exact same textures and have both GEX and FTX installed.  Having opened all the .bmp's using ImageTool I found the 005 series to be all black perhaps shade or night texture sheets whereas the remaining textures sheets look conspicuously like GEX countryside textures.

Hope this helps.

\Robert Hamlich/

Many thanks Robert and you are 100% correct these are GEX textures, just got it confirmed by NickN over at Simforums where I also posted the same question.

NickN guessed they were left on the disk because they were added by the old GEX interface which wasn't as smart as the new one.

Mystery solved :lol:

Richard Åsberg

No problem Richard, glad you got that sorted.

\Robert Hamlich/