Sign in to follow this  
Ultor

FSLabs Concorde X - still OOM plane?

I suppose you cannot understand one simple fact, severniae: FSX as an older 32-bit application cannot handle all these graphically intense add-ons now developed for this sim. However people still want better and better graphics in FSX so developers have to satisfy their wishes. At the end we hit a catch 22 because all recent graphically rich UHD add-ons are simply outside FSX engine reach (it can effectively handle 1024 textures at most!) but no other flight-sim program exists as a viable alternative (excluding X-plane 10)... 

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

I've never understood why so many people appear to have OOM issues with the Concorde. I to this day have never had an OOM when flying Concorde X - I have, however OOMd when flying; 737NGX, Flight1 Mustang, RealAir Duke, Carenado Malibu etc.. However I've even managed to mostly eliminate all of those OOMs

As I seem to keep repeating. People seem to think that they can run a 32-bit application, with all add-ons activated, and scenery details left on high and expect NOT to OOM. I'm not sure if its a key understanding of the technology FSX runs on that is missing...

Well, I certainly don't think I can run with all sceneries activated, (JFKv2, Dubaiv2, UK2000 etc). or the resolution 2560x1600x32 with Concorde without having OOMs.

What I do know is that I can run all settings maxed, all sceneries activated and resolution 2560x1600x32, in and out of FSDT, UK200 airports etc. etc. with PMDG 737 NGX, PMDG MD-11X and Realair Duke B60 without one single OOM though, I have been doing that for a year.

I am still to find the sweetspot for Concorde and I am getting there, accepting the limitations and resources needed to run Concorde, I have no problem with that. I take it is a challenge :)

23.png

I suppose you cannot understand one simple fact, severniae: FSX as an older 32-bit application cannot handle all these graphically intense add-ons now developed for this sim. However people still want better and better graphics in FSX so developers have to satisfy their wishes. At the end we hit a catch 22 because all recent graphically rich UHD add-ons are simply outside FSX engine reach (it can effectively handle 1024 textures at most!) but no other flight-sim program exists as a viable alternative (excluding X-plane 10)... 

That was pretty much my point...

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

As I understood your post you apparently were puzzled why OOM does not happen with one plane while happens with others. My point is that now every high-end graphic add-ons combination can cause OOM in FSX for reasons I mentioned above.

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

I am still to find the sweetspot for Concorde and I am getting there, accepting the limitations and resources needed to run Concorde, I have no problem with that. I take it is a challenge :)

mosteen, you still get OOM with paging set to system managed? I was curious if that helped.

I don't know exactly what happens, but i told you - if i set this to 3072-3072 i get OOM instantly. With system managed, i'm stil OOM free for about 2 years, i did many long haul flights with PMDG MD11 and 747 and FSL Concorde X. And i have settings really high, as per Word Not Allowed's guide.

BTW, do you fly online, what AI Tfc seettings you have? And, car traffic? Can you post your settings, tweaks applied, guide's folowed... You know, with FSX sometimes just only one slider/setting/tweak can make a difference

I think we had crossed wires - Not so much puzzlement as a statement - My point was that it's easy to get any add-on to OOM in FSX, if you don't take care of your settings. Its not a situation that is particular to the Concorde X.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

mosteen, you still get OOM with paging set to system managed? I was curious if that helped.

I don't know exactly what happens, but i told you - if i set this to 3072-3072 i get OOM instantly. With system managed, i'm stil OOM free for about 2 years, i did many long haul flights with PMDG MD11 and 747 and FSL Concorde X. And i have settings really high, as per Word Not Allowed's guide.

BTW, do you fly online, what AI Tfc seettings you have? And, car traffic? Can you post your settings, tweaks applied, guide's folowed... You know, with FSX sometimes just only one slider/setting/tweak can make a difference

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. I didn't test anymore since the swapfile change. I fly only online and AI, cars and boats are all disabled, as always.

As soon as I get a few hours I will upload my cfg, and yes, I also run as per Srdjans tweaks but for my testing with Concorde I have pulled my sliders way down.

I will also disable DLL's one by one to see if one of them makes a difference.

Cheers,

23.png