Sign in to follow this  
PigsInSpace

Best Mesh, Coastline, LandClass, River/Roads for N/S America?

The AFM mesh solution is NOT much of solution. Personally I think the developer should incorporate most fixes in the there finished product, and then provide updates down the road to fix those that they missed. AFM works in theory but at the cost of time and immersion. 

Do you mean you don't want to fix airfields with the plateau problem? How about fixing them (when flying from A to  B  ) before the flight? Shouldn't take you more than 2min, if not less with AFM. AFM sounds like a very good solution to me. I have most of FSGenesis and it's a much worse pain trying to fix every airfield with ADE.

Unless I'm not missing something else here.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Coastline, rivers, land class , roads will be a new package from Orbx....released together or after there openLC package for FTXG.

Source? Link? Haven't seen any announcment on this, have I missed something...

Im using UTX to enhance FTX Global and Im very satisfied with that, haven't bothered with the mesh addons because of the plateau issues.

Now I hope someone releases a similar product like UTX for Asia, Africa and South America so I don't have to see those ugly coastlines and rectangular lakes and stuff in those areas..

This is my setup:

1. FTX Global (in hybrid mode)

2. Orbx USA Regions

3. UTX USA

4. FS Genesis Mesh

5. FS Genesis Landclass (in between UTX Urban and Vegetation in scenery library).

And REX for weather. For me this is a fantastic combination. Others mileage may vary.

Regards,

Frank

Is FS Genesis Landclass a payware? I keep hearing about it but I can't find it.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Let's hope you're right!

I'm guessing you're Justin from FSGenesis.  I've purchased and used your products for FS2004, but not quite yet for FSX and it's been so long since my FS2004 days I can't remember how much better your meshes were over default. 

I quickly looked around your website, but couldn't find an area where comparison screenshots might be hiding.  Can you point me in the right direction, I'd like to see some screens of FSX default and FSGenesis mesh, specifically in North American.  Thanks!!!

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I'm guessing you're Justin from FSGenesis.

Sorry, but you don't win a prize for that guess!

Some day, maybe soon, I'll put my banner sig back up. But until then I'll keep meshing around until I get it right... :lol:

i've been using fsgenesis for years and there's not really many plateau issues, at least in the usa. the vast majority of them were fixed during the various service packs and stuff.. i think the people complaining about them are using fsglobal or were using old versions of fsgenesis. or maybe they're just flying somewhere different, who knows, but i get around. i think the only ones i've seen since 2009 or so that looked a little funky were in romania.

the difference a good mesh makes is really pretty dramatic if you fly near hilly or mountain territory. even if you fly mostly in flat areas a lot of times they are really just flat because the default mesh is so low-res.

cheers

-andy crosby