Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

FTX Global + DX10 + SweetFX = Heaven

So I bought FTX Global today, and here it is "out of the box", in my DX10 set up, which uses SweetFX.

I haven't quite got my SweetFX set up right (too much saturation) but the main purpose of these shots is because I know many DX10 users are concerned about FTX Global and how it currently works.

To get it working, one BGL file needs to be de-activated and this unfortuately affects night lighting.  However as you can see, daytime use is completely fine in DX10, with this 'tweak'

Riga, Estonia

(Click Pics to see full size)

115.jpg

215.jpg

315.jpg

413.jpg

Nice stuff..

You can download a dx10 sfx preset from my sig. Try it out, see what you get. :)

Gorgeous shots! I love it. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Great shots Dave

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Nice stuff..

You can download a dx10 sfx preset from my sig. Try it out, see what you get. :)

Trying it now - thanks!

Thanks for the comments fellas :cool:

Nice stuff..

For some reason, all the presets from other people don't seem to work for me at all!

Either way too dark or other funny stuff. I wonder if it can have these very different effects on other hardware, because it's so ugly sometimes, i can't imagine people would like those settings themselves. Does anyone else have this experience?

I might try yours later too, maybe they'll work on my pc too!

Every display is different, so one person's config is not going to look the same on another person's monitor. You're just going to have to play with the settings yourself. I've tried a lot of people's settings and none of them really looks just right to me on my setup.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

So that's what FTX Global will look like with OpenLC.

"teetering " Why Dave no brainer unless you use dx10 right now, lights issue. Any who sweet shots lol

Rich Sennett

Okay, now this IS impressive.  I'm teetering .....

I don't want to sound like "all the other guys" and use "all the cliches" but here goes, Dennis;

It really is a completely new sim.   Not entirely due to FTX Global but at least 50% due to FTX Global, and the other 50% due to DX10.    I can't believe how late I was to that party.

Frame rate, smoothness, Vsync, colours.......  everything just came together this week, with these two (FTXG and DX10) and I never dreamed FSX could be this good.

Obviously the only bug bear is that I don't get that lovely night lighting that the DX9ers get.... yet :wink:

But hand on heart, I never ever fly at night in the sim.  Can't remember the last night flight I did.

Q400 What have you gained by going with DX10, I'm assuming this is your first try at it? I tried DX10 before but didn't really see any significant improvements so I'm back with DX9 now.

Am I missing something when installing all the updated shaders etc. for DX10 - because practically none of my third party airport scenery actually works in DX10 during the night (no textures seem to load) and half of them aren't even properly rendered during the day.

Nice shots though!

He states " I never ever fly at night in the sim"   so there's your reason why but most of Us fly at other times of the day which rules out DX10 

Rich Sennett

He states " I never ever fly at night in the sim"   so there's your reason why but most of Us fly at other times of the day which rules out DX10 

You can perfectly fly at night in most places by the way. But in some places/airports you can't, unfortunately. Till Steve's DX10 fix comes out, that should really eliminate most of those problems.