Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

A recommendation for 777/Boeing fans..

Hey guys-

I just got done watching a new DVD by PilotsEye.TV for the second time. It's from an Aerologic 77F trip to Hong Kong (VHHH) from somewhere in Germany. They actually go via Italy on the outbound - however I cannot remember the names of each airport for the life of me.

I preordered this a month or so ago and was pretty excited - however expecting 80% of it is spoken in German became a concern. I was happily surprised when less was German and more English used - even when not, the subtitles are extremely easy to read and keep up with what's going on in the flight deck.

It's a completely different ball game than the JustPlanes DVD's, which I myself am used to watching. However this is a much more relaxed view and in a way enjoyable presentation of the B77F's operations. You can tell they're not going out of their way to act different with the cameras there. Mentioning the cameras: the quality on DVD is EXCEPTIONAL - especially some of the viewpoints which show of the pure beauty of the 777's flight deck. I learnt a few things I didn't know before, which was excellent too! Great crew, great quality, amazing aircraft, very well directed and produced. I can't recommend you guys check it out enough. Especially if you're awaiting this beauty from PMDG.

Apologies for going off topic from this forums purpose somewhat - I just had to share some thoughts and give a recommendation to all awaiting the PMDG 777. Probably going to end up watching it again later... ;-P

Cheers,

Luke

If you liked that one you will love the Swiss Zurich to Shanghai. They even feature a engine failure inflight in the bonus section.

Thanks for the heads up Luke! What could you possibly of learnt? surely you know the 777 inside out lol

Alaister Kay

Thanks for the heads up Luke! What could you possibly of learnt? surely you know the 777 inside out lol

No worries! About to go watch the entire thing again :wink: Don't get me wrong - I'm not 777 type rated or anything, I just studied a few manuals, watched a few DVD's and spoke to a few people who shared tons of experience/knowledge. That's been for the past two nearly three years! Still a few things I'm getting my head around that'll make more sense when applying the knowledge in the actual aircraft. 

I am watching it right now and: YES! This is perfectly done!
Very nice crew, fantastic views (especially the nose gear view, looking backwards) and it provides a very nice insight about how to fly a 777.
A must-have recommendation for everyone here in this very special forum.

Regards, always three greens and happy landings,

Max

Aerospace Engineer and Private Pilot
TriStarbanner_zpsefe0294f.jpg
Flightdiary

Just bought that DVD, never knew it existed. :ph34r: The Austrian to Tokyo is also great featuring the 772... In fact all of the Pilotseye DVD's are great!

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

I made a topic about this a week before and I recommend you watching bluray version. Landing gear cam is awesome.

Guest Mik75

I have all Pilots Eye titles, and while they are all really good and a joy to watch, this release is their best work so far! The gear cam is spectacular! ;-)

I have all of Just Planes 777 blurays. No pilotseye though.  I watched the youtube preview of this dvd. The contrail coming over the wing at takeoff was cool!

Congrats on making the Beta team Luke.  I'm pleased for you. :drinks:

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Congrats on making the Beta team Luke.  I'm pleased for you. :drinks:

Thank you sir!  ^_^

Hi Luke! :-)

First off from one big (huge) fan of the triple to another I'm very pleased that you got on the beta team so as others stated huge congrats!

And secondly that video is stunning and great to watch! :-) Seeing this bird in action brings memory back to when I layed my eyes for the first time, which was in Stockholm (route EKCH-ESSA-KEWR), I was going for a summer vacation to NYC, right before I started my own Flightschool training. And was lucky enough to fly with Malaysian 777-200, which fuled my excitement about this bird even more :-) well that was back in 2006, and still is bird is close to my heart yet I fly her elderly sibling (the 737). So watching this pilotseye and keeping in mind that the PMDG is close with their release makes it even better! :-)

Yet again a huge congrats and to all you that do have this pilotseye 777F, it's worth buying! :-)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

It's a cracking Bluray Luke.  Really well shot, fantastically edited and a brilliant overview showcasing the capabilities of the 777F.  The performance and power of the aircraft is evident in the shortness of the takeoff roll from Leipzig to Bergamo with a light load of cargo and fuel.

According to their website, there is a MD-11F in the works as well :)

Greg B