Sign in to follow this  
brad9825

FTXG help one more time!

why is this happening!?! its adding a lot of green only in surrounding areas that my plane is at and adding ground in the ocean near klax! im also using utx and senery tech. 

Huh...somethings really wrong with your post.

Wow...what I see is one massive screenshot...if fills pages...try making it smaller so we can tell what the heck it is.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

no no no!!! That is not good...lol. Looks like a UTX issue actually to be honest. Scenery priorites mixed up...try disabling the UTX entries one by one to isolate the issue. I have my UTX entries below anything Orbx also btw.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

no no no!!! That is not good...lol. Looks like a UTX issue actually to be honest. Scenery priorites mixed up...try disabling the UTX entries one by one to isolate the issue. I have my UTX entries below anything Orbx also btw.

well i disabled all of them and nothing changes

Not related to ftxg. Disable everything but utx. Run the utx and check for terrain errors. Maybe reinstall utx. Make sure the utx entries are in the correct order. Do you have any other addons in that area? Us cities la or fsdt lax?

well i disabled all of them and nothing changes

It isn't an issue with FTX-G. It may have started when you installed it, but FTX-G is just a texture replacement, it isn't going to cause this issue. Try also disabling the SceneryTech layers (as well as UTX) in the scenery library - if that doesn't fix it, well, it doesn't even make sense to be honest.

Not related to ftxg. Disable everything but utx. Run the utx and check for terrain errors. Maybe reinstall utx. Make sure the utx entries are in the correct order. Do you have any other addons in that area? Us cities la or fsdt lax?

yeah fsdt klax

It isn't an issue with FTX-G. It may have started when you installed it, but FTX-G is just a texture replacement, it isn't going to cause this issue. Try also disabling the SceneryTech layers (as well as UTX) in the scenery library - if that doesn't fix it, well, it doesn't even make sense to be honest.

ill be sure to try it thank you

this is an old problem with sceneries that modify terrain.cfg.  try disabling, then reactivating UTX from their configuration software.  I've had this issue crop up in the past from UTX, Tongass Fjords,  FTX regions, FlyTampa's Grenadines, and even when I installed FSX Acceleration when it came out.  haven't had it in a while though.

So what did you do to fix it?

\Robert Hamlich/

So what did you do to fix it?

disabled all of the utx entries in the scenery library and then enabled them again in the utx configuration tool :D

Is it perhaps a good idea to de-activate UTX prior to installing FTXG?  Or perhaps uninstall it completely, then install FTXG?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Is it perhaps a good idea to de-activate UTX prior to installing FTXG?  Or perhaps uninstall it completely, then install FTXG?

i think either way would work. im using Prepar3D so i didnt want to uninstall it and then reinstall lol. disabling it worked for me so you should try just doing that first and if that doesnt work then yes uninstall it :)