Sign in to follow this  
Maribell

Static aircraft displacement Problem

Just noticed something weird in the Poconos scenery ive put together my Cessna's static aircraft propellers separating from the plane pretty much jumps into place as i taxi by it, ive ruled it to be a common problem but maybe someone has a different opinion about this small displacement issue

Are those default FS9 aircraft or the HTAI models? It seems to be related to a specific model. The difference I see is that the aircraft doing that are all Cessna and they all have wheel pants.

Mel

Interesting. If I can get the time I will download the files and place them into some scenery. One; at a default airport and not near any other scenery objects. Another at a airport that has been modified and with scenery objects near the 'parked' static aircraft. I will let you know what I find as soon as I can.

Mel

Interesting. If I can get the time I will download the files and place them into some scenery. One; at a default airport and not near any other scenery objects. Another at a airport that has been modified and with scenery objects near the 'parked' static aircraft. I will let you know what I find as soon as I can.

Mel

Roger i appreciate your time it is strange as you mentioned that is happening only  to the static Cessna's and the ones that only has wheel pants all other statics seem fine whats even more confusing is as you taxi by them the it fixes itself you can literately see the front propellers jump back in place.

EDIT: DO NOT PUT OTHERS EMAIL ADDRESSES IN PUBLIC FORUMS. THAT AIN'T SMART.

John is still an active scenery contributor. This e-mail address is from June 2010 if you wish to point him to this thread.

Ron, I would have thought you would know better than to post someone's e-mail address in an open forum where a spam bot can pick it up.

Shame on you.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Here is a quick Video to better describe whats actually happening, Not to much of a big deal but still interesting to know whats causing this  B)

In this video u can also notice it happening to the White and red Cessna on the left as i taxi closer to them. I pointed out the one further across 

Video Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZg2FOQMmc0&feature=youtu.be

Ron, I would have thought you would know better than to post someone's e-mail address in an open forum where a spam bot can pick it up.

Shame on you.

Shame on me! Thanks for catching that.

I'll PM it to the OP.

The issue with the static default C182 from John's library is caused by the LODs, or Levels Of Detail.

Apparently when SAMM converted the model, it did so poorly, and did not correctly convert the LODs.

There is nothing that can be done with that model to stop this, unless you want to decompile the object library, remove the offending LODs, and recompile.

Or find another model. I like Kevin Burns' models which you can get here- http://www.kb-sim.com/screens_static_aircraft.html

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

The issue with the static default C182 from John's library is caused by the LODs, or Levels Of Detail.

Apparently when SAMM converted the model, it did so poorly, and did not correctly convert the LODs.

There is nothing that can be done with that model to stop this, unless you want to decompile the object library, remove the offending LODs, and recompile.

Or find another model. I like Kevin Burns' models which you can get here- http://www.kb-sim.com/screens_static_aircraft.html

regards,

Joe

Perfect thanks Joe Appreciate the advice and really appreciate the link B)

Ok so i've DE-Compile The BGL into an XML File Dragged each extracted model into Model Converter found the entry in the XML for the Model so im guessing i can just delete the model from the library and delete the XML Entry for the offending model then RE-Compile it back into a BGL

I did try that link Joe but those models causes the texture to blur within my sim

-2013-aug-5-025_zpseadd5079.jpg

Ok so i've DE-Compile The BGL into an XML File Dragged each extracted model into Model Converter found the entry in the XML for the Model so im guessing i can just delete the model from the library and delete the XML Entry for the offending model then RE-Compile it back into a BGL

All this will do is completely remove the object from the library.

Not really any point in doing this as you could simply not use them in your scenery.

If you load the *.mdl file in MCX and look through the LODs you will see the LODs where the engine cowling moves away from the plane.

Note all of the bad LODs, click on the button to "generate LODs...", click on the offending LODs and remove them, save the model and recompile the library.

I did try that link Joe but those models causes the texture to blur within my sim

Too bad, they are much more frame rate friendly than anything SAMM creates and look good too.

I have used them in FS9 and FSX and am quite happy with them.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

All this will do is completely remove the object from the library.

Not really any point in doing this as you could simply not use them in your scenery.

If you load the *.mdl file in MCX and look through the LODs you will see the LODs where the engine cowling moves away from the plane.

Note all of the bad LODs, click on the button to "generate LODs...", click on the offending LODs and remove them, save the model and recompile the library.

Too bad, they are much more frame rate friendly than anything SAMM creates and look good too.

I have used them in FS9 and FSX and am quite happy with them.

regards,

Joe

Your absolutely right no point removing them, Best thing to do is fix the problem, I appreciate the advice and the set of instructions you provided Really helps B)