Sign in to follow this  
pinlifter

Pacific Islands Sim Cook Islands...Coming Soon

The fine folks over at Pac Islands Sim have some pretty sweet screenshots of their upcoming Cook Islands release on display here:

http://islandsim.com/pis_forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=288&start=40

Should be ready by the end of August and will make a great place to launch a 777 from or any plane for that matter.  Raratonga International Airport has a nice 7,638ft runway to accomodate just about anything.  It will be my next scenery purchase for sure as I love island flying.

Chris Sunseri

Looks awesome. Thanks for the link

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Does look nice. I wonder if it has the same issues I have with some of their earlier works, blocky shadows not disabled with their custom vegetation, makes it unusable for me.

Best, Michael

KDFW

When it's out Mike, you can bet I'll post some screenshots.  If there's an area in particular you'd like to see when the time comes just let me know.

Chris Sunseri

Yep, I've got everything that PacSim have released - love 'em!  (Marshall Islands are my faves).

However I have just this week gone over to DX10, so I am wondering whether the PacSim sceneries will work ok.

Great little developer, have several of his airports. I use his airports as stopovers from the mainland US over to Oz or NZ.  Recommend his airports.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Or fly the T7 towards the islands and change equipment for a low and slow trip ...

If I have a T7, no need to stop, but there might be a little "tower buzzing" going on lol.  You're right Clutch & Dave, he is a great scenery guy.  Now wouldn't it be nice if he shifted his work a few thousand miles north to the island of Okinawa where a big international passenger terminal is going in at Naha.  That place is getting busier and busier and has just one single 9800ft runway with potential plans to build another one.

Chris Sunseri

Now wouldn't it be nice if he shifted his work a few thousand miles north to the island of Okinawa where a big international passenger terminal is going in at Naha.  That place is getting busier and busier and has just one single 9800ft runway with potential plans to build another one.

Mate, it would be fantastic if Graeme, or any developer would make more good airport and regional scenery for Japan. I'd fly there almost permanently if we did; I am a huge Japanofile!  (I've probably made that word up :wink:).

I have his Chubu, and the Fukushima addon from Simmarket but that's about it.  The Aerosim ones are really expensive, due to the Japanese exchange rate.  $49 for a single airport? :(  ... may have changed as that was the last time I looked..... my wallet almost fainted.

I loaded up in their last sale, unbelievable FPS with the NGX ! counter tries to bust through 30fps

ZORAN