Sign in to follow this  
b0gey_dead_six

So I just got XP10

What should be the first few things I do for the sim? Not looking to spend any money on this platform yet as I plan to use it for General Aviation flying.. while using P3D for my heavies.

Get the app FSX2XP which can convert quite a few freeware airports to XP format

google it use it

Start with the included Cirrus for a fun and nice liitle craft

Check your install in Custom Scenery subfolder to see if you have free airports in Europe. Go there if you do.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

What should be the first few things I do for the sim?

Learn it!  Use it!

Maybe see if any local airport scenery is available for your normal areas of flight, but I think first thing's first - Get your controllers set up the way you'd like them... start getting familiar with the various settings and options.... take some basic flights around the pattern to get used to how to do this and that... There are enough differences between X-Plane and MSFS to deserve a bit more time getting familiar with the platform. Treat it as a training effort of sorts... then start collecting all sorts of addon aircraft, scenery and other items.

Keep the training wheels on for a week or so before venturing out into the big world. :)

You would think the XP10 guys could at least spend a little extra time making the runways and etc look nicer!

But we already do!!!! We land there our beautiful aircraft, and after that no one looks at the rws :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The runways were super annoying.

Wow,  never heard that one before, I guess there's always a first time for everything.

try this one:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=16270

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Nobody mentioned simheaven yet?! You can get freeware photoscenery for europe and OSM data for the world over there, for free. OSM data is for accurate buildings etc. like they are in the openstreetmap, so everything accurately placed like in real life. http://www.simheaven.com

Thanks for the tips guys. 

I have found myself flying ONLY X-Plane10 in the last few days.. just one word for it.. amazing.

Never before have I had so much fun flying in a sim.. XP10 truly comes close to simulating my real world GA flying experience.

I ended up buying the Carenado A36 and the Skymaster.

The Carenados are good-looking/flying add-ons in X-plane. Strangely I never bought any Carenado for fs9 or FSX because everybody was saying they were poor regarding FD, but the two I own for X-plane 10 feel simply great - Seneca and Baron58.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

The Carenados are good-looking/flying add-ons in X-plane. Strangely I never bought any Carenado for fs9 or FSX because everybody was saying they were poor regarding FD, but the two I own for X-plane 10 feel simply great - Seneca and Baron58.

has the Baron58 been updated yet to full 64bit?

has the Baron58 been updated yet to full 64bit?

Not yet :-/, but I sometimes start the 32 bit version to fly it and the LES dc-3 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

That's quite a marketing speech for the seneca - I've had my eyes locked on it now that it's 64-bit compatible. Must buy it soon when i feel bored with my current hangar  :lol: