Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Is there a control to shorten the interval FSX uses to hide the mouse pointer?

But then, wouldn't that render the mouse as inoperable, at least in terms of interacting with the VC?

Good point--obviously never thought of that.  I wonder if FSUIPC solves this as was mentioned?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I made a habit of dragging the mouse to the topright of the screen... It shortens the time you have to wait until performance is normal again. But I would also love to see another kind of solution for this!

Never tried that one.

On my system when flying the NGX and using the mouse to adjust a knob, as soon as I am done I just tap the brakes which is assigned to my trigger on my X52 and the mouse pointer disappears. I also have a view assigned to the "pilots POV" using EZdok and I can just tap that button on my throttle and the mouse pointer disappears right away. Either button I push after I am done using the mouse make the pointer disappear right away and hasn't really been an issue for me over the past 5 years.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I wonder if FSUIPC solves this as was mentioned?

FSUIPC does provide a control for toggling the pointer - #1139 is listed as "Mouse pointer toggle".  Which means that you could assign that control to a button or a keypress, and FSUIPC would hide the cursor if it was showing.  I suppose that you could also create a Lua script that would be triggered when you move the mouse, starting a timer which would then cause the mouse to disappear after a quicker set time than the default.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I just tested the NGX in DX10, no drop in FPS whatsoever when mouse  pointer visible.

I use DX10 anyway, for some time, but never thought to test mouse pointer till this thread appeared.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I just tested the NGX in DX10, no drop in FPS whatsoever when mouse  pointer visible

Perhaps this is at least in part why some see better performance in DX10 mode.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I am amazed that this issue exists. I fly the NGX a lot and have never noticed any frame rate drop with the mouse pointer. I will try it tonight with fraps and see what happens.

The mouse pointer bug has been there since the original release of FSX. Numerous developers have tried to overcome it. The best way I know to get rid of the delay in full screen mode is to press ALT and bring up the menu bar at the top then deftly place the mouse cursor on it. Instant recovery of frame rates without waiting for 5 seconds.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Just checked, no mouse issue in DX9 here.

Maybe you guys should give Windows' simple mouse pointer a try or deactivate mouse shadows or so.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Maybe you guys should give Windows' simple mouse pointer a try or deactivate mouse shadows or so.

Not everyone seens to have it but if you have it, it's not THAT easy to get rid off... ^_^

Just checked, no mouse issue in DX9 here.

I'll check when I get home Sunday, but I believe that was the first thing I checked quite some time ago.

Noel

FSUIPC does provide a control for toggling the pointer - #1139 is listed as "Mouse pointer toggle".

Can you elaborate on where I can find 'Mouse pointer toggle?'  I looked on all the tabs in my registered version of FSUIPC and didn't see anything about this.

Thanks!

Noel

I looked on all the tabs in my registered version of FSUIPC and didn't see anything about this.

It's not on a tab.  FSUIPC provides additional controls (page 29 of the 'FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users' manual) that can be assigned to either buttons or keys.  The greatest thing about FSUIPC is how complex it is, but that's also the worst thing about it. :lol:   I was referencing the offset value - the easiest way to use the feature is to select either the buttons or keys tabs in the FSUIPC window, and then pick a hardware button or key to assign, and scroll down the list until you see the settings that deal with keypresses.

I just tried it on my pc, works a treat.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

FSUIPC does provide a control for toggling the pointer - #1139 is listed as "Mouse pointer toggle".

Still don't follow this!  Where do I find #1139?

OK, I'm on a different PC so I can't view the user manual for FSUIPC but will when I get back to my FS machine.

It's not on a tab.  FSUIPC provides additional controls (page 29 of the 'FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users' manual) that can be assigned to either buttons or keys.  The greatest thing about FSUIPC is how complex it is, but that's also the worst thing about it. :lol:   I was referencing the offset value - the easiest way to use the feature is to select either the buttons or keys tabs in the FSUIPC window, and then pick a hardware button or key to assign, and scroll down the list until you see the settings that deal with keypresses.

I just tried it on my pc, works a treat.

Noel

You can move to P3D dude. No fps loss when mouse is visible at VC. It's the same simulator but they've fixed these kind of small but annoying bugs.