After an SAR mission that took many hours for my XP9 disk I started to install it again.

As you might know I'm a big fan of Peter's busses and I'm about to go for the A380. When I was at the order page I noticed the system requirements and I don't think I'll have fun on my hardware using it. I have noticed it before, if you turn down XP10 scenery too much it does not look too god and it does not equal the screenshots that you post.

So I have to check what looks better, reduced XP10 or more detailed XP9. I assume that the Airbusses will have the same good flight model at both platforms. I have some replacement files for my A320 so it should work.

Am I the only one left at XP9 then?

However, I will report how things are going. Guess I'll spent the whole day updating and configuring now.

Failed. Once used to XP10 scenery, even with sparse setting, there's no way back. What a great way to spend half a day. :huh:

Failed. Once used to XP10 scenery, even with sparse setting, there's no way back. What a great way to spend half a day.

Ralph, I was about to reply saying that... Been there a couple of months after starting to use X-Plane 10, because I was not happy with the clouds and some weather effects and wanted to recall how it was on 9.70... Lasted no more than 30' on my disk, just as P3D yesterday for testing the FSGRW weather injector... 

It is really very difficult to accept anything less than what X-Plane 10 already gives us :-/, unless it's a compromise... (like ELITE and DCS for me... ) 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Stick to Xp10 guys.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Although XP10 has (for obvious reasons) nicer visuals, XP9 is still an excellent flight simulator ... remember? :P FLIGHT simulator. The sensation of flying is pretty similar in both sims. If one has an old computer, which can't handle XP10 he could try XP9.7 for learning the X-Plane basics/flying and is prepared (not prepar3d :lol: !!!) when his next rig is powerful enough for XP10.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...