Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Just tried X-Plane again, some questions re scenery

So I like to try out X-Plane from time to time to see how it has evolved. With all the talk about how X-Plane is already = FSX+FTX Global, I had to check again. I downloaded the HD Scenery Mesh and Tree Lines and Farms add-on. I also have UrbanMaxx Extreme 2.0 since before, to make cities less like they've been decimated in some apocalyptic event.

However one new problem that I don't remember having before is that the Soviets seem to have taken over the whole world. Everywhere, even in fairly small towns, there were large brown and grey soviet-style apartment blocks arranged in Corbusierian Radiant City-fashion. How can I get rid of those?

Another problem is that the Salmon River (River of no return) in Idaho seems to be missing. The canyon is there, but not the actual river.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

You must use the European library from SimHeaven, and their OSM + autogen World sceneries :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

There is a lot still missing. Alpilotx's HD mesh v2 is coming (this summer I think he said) which will fill in some of the gaps.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

JimmiG,

Does your Salmon River show up in Open Street maps?  http://www.openstreetmap.org/

I did a search for Salmon River and if I had the correct one it does show up, so X-plane should have it

on the next re-cut of OSM data by Laminar. Now when that will be???????

Any lakes or rivers that do not show up in your area of interest can be added by you into OSM. Lakes are especially easy.

chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

However one new problem that I don't remember having before is that the Soviets seem to have taken over the whole world. Everywhere, even in fairly small towns, there were large brown and grey soviet-style apartment blocks arranged in Corbusierian Radiant City-fashion. How can I get rid of those?

Unfortunately, you can't - they were added in one of the recent update sequences to the autogen library, and indeed they have taken over the world. That being said, Laminar is aware that it's not a terribly plausible situation, and they consider the state of the autogen to still be a "work in progress". Hopefully in one of the next updates this will be addressed with a more appropriate placement plan and wider autogen library.