Sign in to follow this  
Avantime

PMDG Pilots: When was your last go-around?

go-arounds  

214 members have voted

1. 1. When was the last time you did a go-around?

• 1-7 days ago
    • 2 weeks ago
    • 1 month ago
    • 3 months ago
    • 6 months ago
    • 1+ year ago
    • Never

I just saw this news article from FlightGlobal a few minutes ago, and I would like to get your response. (I guess this is a good forum as I assume you guys do most of your simming in large "Transport category aircraft".)

When was your last go-around?

What was the reason?

Do you usually fly the full IFR missed approach procedure to holding or just re-position visually or via vectors?

Did you screw up or bust a restriction on your last Go-around?

Also do you routinely use the some sort of "traffic zapper" if AI traffic gets in your way?

Read the article here, especially the last 2 paragraphshttps://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/go-around-study-reveals-failure-to-check-basic-criteria-388991/  :blink:

I went around because I was unstable into ksfo, did it at about 2000ft 3nm from the rwy. Had some very bad act and could never get on a good descent profile. That was in the sim. In real life went around at KFWS for a disabled aircraft on the runway he had a dual engine failure.

That is a badly chosen set of anwers... I have hardly done a single flight in last 1-7 days, while in my most productive times I might have done upwards of ten in a same timeframe. The last go-around I did might have been 10-15 flights ago? I have not been cleared to land in time due to traffic in front taking their time to vacate (online). Then there was this one flight about 6ish flights ago, which I normally would go around from (unstable approach), but I only had so much time available in the sim, so I landed. Turned out OK, considering the unstable approach and their visuals, which were a bit off (horizon a couple degrees under where it should be)

I had 3 GA on same flight a couple of days ago. Just rebuilded my fsx.CFG, and i forgot to disable turbulence and thermal effects on aircraft. I had a very hard time to stabilize NGX on LEPA 06L approach, and i figured out what happens after i landed. But i perfom GA every time when when plane is not stabilized at minimums. Sometimes, it happens that i don't have time for that, and i land to late or too fast. I like realism, but it happens

The last go around I was in was with one of my students the other day. He got too low and slow and made the decision to go around. I was so proud of him. Made my day.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I had to perform a go around in St. Petersburg the other day. I was too low on final and so low I couldn't intercept the G/S

I had to G/A during the Vatsim Tirana Summer Fly-in, I was too high and fast to intercept the LOC/GS rwy 18 properly.

23.png

Yesterday. On final RWY 20 EBBR. I wasn't really paying enough attention, so I wasn't stable by 500 AGL => Go-Around. I flew the full procedure, with a few minutes holding to give myself ample time to configure again for approach.

I went around twice coming into FAOR today, loads of fun

3 minutes ago on the approach to LEPA due to localiser deviation... Trying now for a 2nd time, wish me luck...  ^_^

http://fs2.fs2crew.com:8080/SimpleTracker/map.do

Regards,

Ró.

LOL! This was my problem too, but i had very strong turbulence and some strange thermals too. I disabled them after that experience. 

fingers crossed!

I recommend AISmooth for better control of AI traffic.

My last go a round was KMDW.  On my flare, the NGX just kept floating.  I'll just blame my yoke for being too sensitive :)

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Yesterday, due to the weird way that fsx does fog. Neared the runway and went from great visibility to none in about 1 second. Was flying the approach manually and got thrown off by the sudden fog. Went around and disabled the fog.

I got caught off by some pretty powerful gusts the other day on approach to LGAV. I didn't feel comfortable continuing the approach when I was a couple of hundred feets AGL, so I opted to go around instead of putting my virtual passengers at risk in my newly polished 737-800 NGX. ^_^

I've had a handful of go-arounds due to weather conditions/not fully stabilized at minimums since I started flying the NGX. A lot more due to a combination of the way FSX handles AI traffic and ATC...

-Henrik

i7 9600K  -  RTX 2080  -  32gb DDR4  -  Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog