Sign in to follow this  
Avantime

PMDG Pilots: When was your last go-around?

go-arounds  

214 members have voted

1. 1. When was the last time you did a go-around?

• 1-7 days ago
    • 2 weeks ago
    • 1 month ago
    • 3 months ago
    • 6 months ago
    • 1+ year ago
    • Never

I get DEMO of FSGRW, i have AS2012 but this seems to be realy good. I had to perform some GA becouse of this too. There is something realistic with their natural winds and local weather phaenomena. I like their flight planing page too. It's just simple, prety realistic and fast. Pretty realistic becouse i still evaluate this, i did only 3 flights. And i don't know how they managed this, i get turbulence pretty right, even with turbulence and thermals disabled in FSX :)

I had to do a go-around while flying on VATSIM into a busy KLAS. The approach vectors given by the controller didn't account for the fact that I was too high, too fast and too close to an aircraft in front of me on final, so I decided to overshoot. I was a little irritated because I saw it coming when he vectored me too close to try and squeeze me into the line, but as we all know, the 737 doesn't like to slow down in a steep descent.

Erik L.

Last one was into YVR a week ago. In the NGX and lost flight controls/hydraulics so to speak at about 700AGL, and couldnt figure out why. Turned out to be my X52 disconnected. Did a Go Around just in time. 

Good thing Yokes dont disconnect in real life. lol 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

My last go around was to YSSY in the NGX, Was a rough approach and then just seconds before i touched down i got hit by a big gust of wind, Flew the entire go around and then landed nicely the second time around

The only reason that i had a go around for the last 3 weeks was a call from EDDM tower to execute missed approach because there was still traffic on the runway (vatsim of course), cheers.

All my go-arounds were caused by AI traffic being too fast/slow or just rolling out aaaaaall the way to the last exit taking a minute or two.

That is a badly chosen set of anwers... I have hardly done a single flight in last 1-7 days, while in my most productive times I might have done upwards of ten in a same timeframe.

Yeah I know, but some people do relate better with time than "X many flights ago", and the real-world study in that FlightGlobal article doesn't mention how many flights either.

I honestly did not know that a long-haul pilot can fly up to 10 years :wacko: without doing an actual go-around, until I read that article.

My last go around was at Dayton (KDAY) during their event last week. I was first brought in too close while being too high. I get the sense I was forgotten at 8,000 feet because the controller was getting bogged down by traffic. After he realized this, the controller expected me to be able to slow down and descend at the same time, which us 737-800 drivers know isn't all that possible. I ended up being at 190kts @ 1,500ft, far from being in configuration, and I elected to go missed. Second try around was perfect! The controller vectored me back around for a picture-perfect localizer intercept.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

My last go-around was at LGKO about a month ago, I was flying an visual approach on VATSIM under quite windy conditions and had some windshear on short final.

Had a go around because of traffic congestion on finals into runway 27L at heathrow, A huge 747 was less than 200 meters away from my huge 747 lol

my last go-around was 2 days ago when testing my new ROPS for FSX (still in development)

My last Go-around was in my final approach into HECA it was just before touchdown, I had very low speed so i could not flare, therefore i made a Go-around, and my second try to land was the smoothest landing i ever have made...

ROPS for FSX (still in development)

Excuse me for OT, but I am not familiar with that acronym - ROPS? What does that mean.

ROPS? What does that mean.

Runway Over-run Protection System.

I'm pretty sure its an Airbus thing, I don't think Boeings have it.