Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

Geforce GTX560ti 1GB card for fsx

Hello

Now I know this is not top of the range technology and some people will no doubt think why on earth does he used that? ,fact is I am on a limited budget but I have been offered a cheap Geforce GTX560Ti 1gb card by a friend and I wondered if it would work better than my ATi4870 512mb card for FSX,?

I do get some shimmering with my current card and I have read on the forums that this is down to the fact that Nvidia cards work better for FSX then ATI/AMD.

Should I purchase this card?

Many thanks

Darran

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Yes it will definitely be better than your ATI but I often wish I had a better card for FSX cause it demands it at times.

I had a GT560-Ti in my system, briefly.  It was great, ran a lot cooler than my 8800GT.  After about 15 minutes it also fried itself and had to be returned, the old 8800GT is still performing well enough.  A large number of 560 Ti's had problems.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm using a standard 560.  It was an upgrade from an ATI 4670 512mb.  Works fine for my needs on med to high settings on the autogen/scenery compp. sliders and was a big improvement over the 4670.

You will still get shimmering on Nvidia cards if you don't have a high enough AA/transparency setting enabled.  I use a lower aa setting than people with higher end nvidia cards so I live with some shimmering that is there but not enough to distract me from the immersion.  If I increase the settings to get rid of shimmer, performance goes down. 

I'm using the 560Ti and it works totally fine for me.  I fly mostly NGX into airports like FSDT KLAX, KLAS, LSGG, LSZH, FlyTampa airports and all kinds of Aerosoft airports in Europe with no problems.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I had a 560ti last year. Really solid card and should get you flying no problem. Depending on you setup, you might not be able to push the AA, especially SGSS to extreme levels. You may also run into some stutters in heavy cloud situations. But honestly, no matter what card you have, clouds with heavy AA, scenery, ai, and other addons all rendering simultaneuosly will nuke any card in fsx. I run GTX680, while being an awesome card, is far from perfect in FSX.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I run a 560Ti '448' edition without any issues. But sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't run any scenery add ons :D never had an OOM etc.

The card should see you fine :)

I have this card and have been very happy with it.  You can watch my Concorde video (link below) in 1080P HD to get an idea of what to expect.  Its not the top of the line these days but still a good performer in FSX.  I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

The GTX 560Ti is a great card. Never had any problems with it since the day I purchased my current PC (October 2011).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have a GTX 560Ti 1mb paired with an i7/960 & most of the time it sticks around my (locked) 30 fps.

FPS slows down in heavy weather (using REX 2), but then that's only to be expected.

Yes, it's not "cutting edge" - but it's still a damn good card!  

It should be fine. If anything, you can overclock it a little if need be. I know it's a year newer, but I'm very happy with my 660. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the 560ti is very very close when it comes to numbers?

Thank you for all your replies and advice :smile: , I would like to get an Nvidia card of some description. Before contacting my friend I did have one thought  and that is my power supply, its a Hiper M 580W ,would it be good enough to run the 560Ti?  Maybe I should be looking for a slightly less power hungry card? As I understand it my power supply has 2 12v rails delivering 20A and 18A respectively

Any advice would be gratefully received.

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer