Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

FSX and Windows 7

I use FSX Deluxe Edition on my Windows 7 Pro,64 bit together with Norton 360 Antivirus,Firewall.

Lately I have a lot of problems,FSX crashes,when quitting I get error messages etc

Before going into more details I wonder if anybody runs FSX as I do and if they encounter any

problems.

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

You should download and run AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html and copy and paste the results of the latest crash here.

This should be in the CTD Forum so I am moving it there.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Win7 OS Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi Guys

Can I seek some advice, I too am getting the 'Fatal error' messages, reading other messages I think my problem maybe instigated by hitting the menu bar,perhaps??  hard to pinpoint as the FSX crashes randomly.

I am using Windows 7 64Bit with FSX Gold & Accelerator and PMDG NGX newly purchased nd installed.

I saw in a previous post suggesting a download file to place another uiautomationcore.dll file into the FSX main file, I wonder if I should go ahead and place it into my FSX?  Any suggestions most appreciated, but please a dilluted version as I'm not a computer whiz kid (sadly)

My system specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits

CPU Intel i 5 4670

16GB

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce  GTX 760 2GB

Hard Disk SSD 120 GBS

Many Thanks

Richard

Uiautomationcore.dll - The uiautomationcore.dll fixes one problem and that's a crash if you repeatedly hit the FSX menu bar. I personally cannot replicate this crash and have tried several times to crash my FSX by repeatedly clicking on the fsx menu bar. No joy... I really think the menu bar crash is caused by high settings where fsx is running short of memory by the constant hitting on the menu bar. I do not have the uiautomationcore.dll in my main fsx folder and never have (except for testing). The uiautomationcore.dll belongs with the Microsoft.net framework packages and, developers of FSX and FSX addons require dotnet versions 1.1 thru 4.5 installed to make their products work properly. I believe the Vista version of dotnet is 1.1 as it is installed with FSX/Acceleration.

Recently I reinstalled Windows 7 and FSX/Acceleration. I was getting unexplained BEX/StackHash crashes (well, they occurred when I closed FSX). When I looked at the crash report it showed that the uiautomationcore.dll was in my main fsx folder. Now I never put it there and I know it was not there when FSX/Acceleration were installed. So some other program installed it. I removed it. The BEX/StackHash crashes are gone.

The Uiautomationcore.dll 'fix' is not compatible with Windows 8.

You should start a new topic and post your crash details as I explained in Post #2 of THIS topic.  Placing several types of crashes in one topic causes major, major confusion and you may not get any response to your issue.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10