Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Sick of all the bugs

I'm this close to giving up on flight simulation for good since there seems to be no way around the endless number of problems. I want to start a flight and it usually takes me an hour, not to set it up but because of one problem or other with fsx, and I'm sick of it. I want to fly, but not at the cost of my sanity. There is nothing that can support my fsx aircraft and scenery, that is more stable so my only option seems to live with the fact that it takes 5 hours to fly for 20 minutes, or just can the whole idea in the first place. Unless anyone else has an idea on what I could do?

Unless anyone else has an idea on what I could do?

Based on what? You don't really give out any useful information about your situation.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. It just seems like I have to restart fsx due to one thing or another an awful lot just to be able to fly at all. Things like aircraft getting stuck on the runway, or things that are similar. Is there a way to just delete aircraft or vehicles that just get stuck? What's the thing that connects external programs to fsx called? I think I have issues with that as well.

over tweaked and under powered?

ZORAN

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. It just seems like I have to restart fsx due to one thing or another an awful lot just to be able to fly at all. Things like aircraft getting stuck on the runway, or things that are similar. Is there a way to just delete aircraft or vehicles that just get stuck? What's the thing that connects external programs to fsx called? I think I have issues with that as well.

That's not really normal behaviour, you might want to think of a reinstall, despite how much of a pain that is. My plane never gets stuck on the runway lol. It might be an airport thing when you have overlapping airport-afcads. Or a mesh issue perhaps?

If you don't know what you did before it got messed up, it's hard to tell how to fix it, even more so if you have several serious issues.

Is SimConnect what you were looking for? Or FSUIPC?

Next time it happens check the event viewer. Search from the task at for it and look under admin events

Either or both, I meant ai aircraft and vehicles, often seem to just sit there and the atc seems to forget about them. And there seems to be no way of making an ai airport vehicle move when it doesn't want to, sometimes they'll be stopped right in front of my airplane at the gate.

Increase the sim rate above 4X and they will all disappear. Go back down to 1X and all AI will be reset. 

Go back to FS9, you'll get really good performance which makes for very smooth flying! This will calm your nerves and work off your frustration!

Thus refreshed, work on your FSX setup, but if you reach the point again where you are considering throwing in the towel, get some solid flying under your belt with FS9 (or another sim - whichever you prefer).

Maybe P3D will work for you? X-Plane?

Whatever, don't let MS put you out of business for good!

Either or both, I meant ai aircraft and vehicles, often seem to just sit there and the atc seems to forget about them. And there seems to be no way of making an ai airport vehicle move when it doesn't want to, sometimes they'll be stopped right in front of my airplane at the gate.

Just remove anything to do with AI! They are useless and will give you an increase in frames. To be honest I only use UT2 as my AI traffic, as I feel lonely flying around if its just me. I have removed the useless vehicles though!

You could help us all out by completing the details in your profile of you computer system and the addons you have installed and are using.

Good gravy I have an old system, I have over 500 freeware/payware aircraft....100s of addons, 600 layers of scenery...and I get good performance, can't fly the big tube liners without getting some blurries but so what.  It takes my sim 5 minutes to full load up because I have so much active stuff but once I'm up and running, no issues.

You must have your system setup incorrectly or have tons of conflicting things, or setting set very high for AI for instance.

And, then provide us with some very specific info on the issue describing what is or is not happening at what airport etc.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Lol

We're having grasshopper problems in Alberta this year!

Lol

We're having grasshopper problems in Alberta this year!

Lucky you!

I think I'd run miles if I saw just one grasshopper. Not a bug friendly human! :lol: