Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Just Released: HD Mesh photo sceneries Europe ZL17

I was the 1st Download :lol:

http://simheaven.com/?page_id=208&wpfb_file=1769

HD Mesh for Photo Sceneries ZL16/ZL17 for X-Plane 10, derived from HD Scenery Mesh by Andras Fabian (alpilotx, www.alpilotx.net), brings a higher resolution base mesh, much more detailed elevation profile and landclass data. Included in this HD Mesh package are the tiles -40+000 to +49-029 and 57+020 to +71+029.

Price: $0.00 US :dance:

A short list of the improvements:

• increased mesh density
  • improved forest representation (in Europe, reprocessed/improved raw forest landclass data)
  • all new OSM data (streets, railways, power lines, water)
  • linear OSM rivers included
  • some – minor – landclass tweaking (like strip mines or riverbeds etc.).

Planned coverage:

• Europe (this time, entire Europe)
  • USA (complete)
  • Alaska
  • possibly parts of Canada (like the West)

I was the second!!   :dance: 

ZORAN

I am 5th only another 5 1/2 hours to go  :O Hi speed broad band.......

Trevor Golding

What does it cover?  Can someone post some screenies? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm not really into photoreal textures - I just want the mesh. Is there an option for just the mesh without the textures?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

STOP, STOP, STOP !!!

There is NO new HD Mesh Scenery v2 until now, so this new photoscenery is ONLY based on old HD Mesh v1 data!

This means, that it can NOT have any of the improvements FIVE-BY-FIVE listed in his first bullet list. All those improvements will only come with HD Mesh Scenery v2, for which I have just yesterday written, that it is postponed.

So, I think, something has become mixed up here. If it was my fault (quite possibly because bad wording), then sorry!

But, for someone who has, like me, only Lisbon and a few more places in ZL17, this new file will, for the time being, replace those and cover the whole Europe? Is this it?

Well, it'll be worth the install until we wait for HD v2 (?)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

STOP, STOP, STOP !!!

There is NO new HD Mesh Scenery v2 until now, so this new photoscenery is ONLY based on old HD Mesh v1 data!

This means, that it can NOT have any of the improvements FIVE-BY-FIVE listed in his first bullet list. All those improvements will only come with HD Mesh Scenery v2, for which I have just yesterday written, that it is postponed.

So, I think, something has become mixed up here. If it was my fault (quite possibly because bad wording), then sorry!

ok no problem :sorry:  Aerosoft also mentioned this Aug 1st release:

http://asn-xp.aerosoft.com/?p=3401

If you already has the V1 version of Andras Mesh then just get the photo real package only.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I remember reading that due to way xplane works photosceneries have to include mesh, and thus far that has been the default one so even if you have HD mesh installed, it wont show with photoscenery installed? So this package "fixes" that, so the photosceneries use the currently available HD mesh v1, right? 

HD mesh + photoscenery installed = still default mesh showing but with this you get photoscenery with HD addon mesh if i understand correctly

I remember reading that due to way xplane works photosceneries have to include mesh, and thus far that has been the default one so even if you have HD mesh installed, it wont show with photoscenery installed? So this package "fixes" that, so the photosceneries use the currently available HD mesh v1, right?

Yes! Thats exactly how it works. You can always only have one mesh ... either a default style (like Global Scenery or my HD Mesh) or photoscenery mesh (which - its correct - includes its own mesh too). And thats what the latest release of simHeave is about: it has now a version of the photoscenery, which is based on my v1 HD Mesh.

Yes! Thats exactly how it works. You can always only have one mesh ... either a default style (like Global Scenery or my HD Mesh) or photoscenery mesh (which - its correct - includes its own mesh too). And thats what the latest release of simHeave is about: it has now a version of the photoscenery, which is based on my v1 HD Mesh.

Great - For once my memory served me well  :lol:

Well, I think I didn't yet quite understand...

Today I installed the new SimHeaven HD mesh photoscenery for Europe, and removed my Lisbon ZL17 folder from the Custom Scenery, but the scenery doesn't look anywhere near what the Libon ZL17 photoscenery gives me, so, I placed that folder back, and am now using the HD Mesh Photoscenery + the Lisbon ZL17. Is there a conflict between this two? Can / should  I use both?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...