Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

PRO ATCX (Pointsoftware) forum site down

Ha ha be happy  VOX atc doesn't even have a forum and support only possible through email to the DEV. Having said that the support is top notch when it finally arrives, 1-3 days..

ZORAN

Ha ha be happy  VOX atc doesn't even have a forum and support only possible through email to the DEV. Having said that the support is top notch when it finally arrives, 1-3 days..

But it has an unofficial one on this site and it works.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

But it has an unofficial one on this site and it works.

Regards,

Yes but its only run by us users , there is no staff and they never visit,  but agreed still better than nothing

ZORAN

I agree with Rick, if you cant make a reasonable (if robustly worded) comment on a forum dedicated to support of a product regarding the fact that the manufacturers of that product hardly ever give support of their product, then well...... and locking a thread just because it is making such comment is a bit big brother to say the least.

Having said that angry comments or insults have no place on a forum.

Hello,

Like Rick mentioned, I didn't have a hidden agenda in my previous post.

During the last month, the ProATC forum software/database has been quite unstable. This is why I suggested a (temporary?) forum to be setup here on Avsim.

- Jarkko

I agree with Rick, if you cant make a reasonable (if robustly worded) comment on a forum dedicated to support of a product regarding the fact that the manufacturers of that product hardly ever give support of their product, then well...... and locking a thread just because it is making such comment is a bit big brother to say the least.

Having said that angry comments or insults have no place on a forum.

Anytime I have requested support via email ( as stated on PATCx 's website ) I have been given said support...

I don't consider a post to a forum as a means for support for a non-working application. I consider such postings as a general ' hey has anyone seen this' query and I don't expect ( though I welcome ) direct vendor support for such a query / posting.

I guess my issue with 'forum complaints about the developers not being consistently present' is that unless the vendor in fact only has a 'forum' as the means for product support is that such complaints are misdirected and do nothing but 'sour' the product for no reason but to attempt to hurt the vendor for a perceived lack of support.

I see your point, and yes you are right a forum is not necessarily meant as a direct line to a developer etc. Its just when the input from said is so very low, very much lower than from other 'official' forums.  It would be easy for the developer(s) to comment/reassure on some topics say once a week. It is inevitable that people will comment and the line between comment and complaint is sure to be crossed at some point. This would be easy to prevent with some level of input, there is generally too much 'second hand' information which I think is introducing an air of mistrust, and to be fair we have purchased an expensive product based on a certain level of 'trust' ....we are effectively testers for the product, therefore when comments are made many of which coming from very knowledgeable people or requests made for inclusions in future releases it would be nice to hear  some response, rather than feeling that these suggestions are just buried. For the record I think that Proatc should become one of the best if not the best add on for FSX.

Regards

Tim

Anytime I have requested support via email ( as stated on PATCx 's website ) I have been given said support...I don't consider a post to a forum as a means for support for a non-working application. I consider such postings as a general ' hey has anyone seen this' query and I don't expect ( though I welcome ) direct vendor support for such a query / posting.I guess my issue with 'forum complaints about the developers not being consistently present' is that unless the vendor in fact only has a 'forum' as the means for product support is that such complaints are misdirected and do nothing but 'sour' the product for no reason but to attempt to hurt the vendor for a perceived lack of support.

I don't want to get into a long drawn out argument/discussion over this, but feel that I must point out that a ticket system (which PATC doesn't have) or email support is fine, but I think that forums are also there so that not just the problem is made public, but so is the solution.

I might also add that on the PATC site, bug reporting/feed back threads are actually also generated by the developer or his representative, not just the PATC user.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Hate to bring up an old topic, but I purchased this software a few days ago. I have only once been able to access their forum (for about 15 min).

I continually get this message: 

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './db1075950@002dproatcxforumdbx/bb3f_users' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Basically I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to integrate PRO ATC/X with PFPX and how. 

I've sent several support emails over a period of about 2-3 days and have not heard a single thing back from them......

Just tried it and the web site is 'up' but the forum isn't.

There has been quite a tied of discussion regarding the future of this software. The developer has not answered any support questions on the forum since around the end of May this year.

Apparently, a new update is planned but when/if it will materialise is another mystery.

What is your problem, maybe help can be obtained here.

What is your problem, maybe help can be obtained here.

I was just trying to see if it's possible to integrate with PFPX. Using a PFPX flightplan and importing it into PRO-ATC/X instead of usinf the PATC generate plan. Otherwise, there's just a ton of editing that needs to take place and is kind of a PITA, IMO.

I think I found a work-around. I create the FP in PFPX, import into into OPUS. Copy the FP from OPUs into PROATC/X.

I read somewhere around here that it solved the issue.

This is true, Mourad is slaving away as I type.

Using PFPX or, in fact any flight planner with PATC is a piece of cake. Here is what I do;-

I have PFPX but only use it for transatlantic flying (of which I do very little at the moment) My normal procedure is to use Aivlasoft EFB,  Route Finder for the route (accessible from within EFB) EFB then saves the plan to either the PMDG 737 or 777 (whichever I choose) Once activated in EFB the plan is automatically sent to Opus which is on my FSX machine (EFB is networked) I then copy the FP from Opus and use the copy and paste facility within ProATC this gives me the exact FP in all my addons. Using this method I have never had the wrong runway given and all my flights are perfect and I'm doing two, sometimes three flights a day (I fly for six VA's) Retirement is a wonderful thing..;-)

And yes, I envy retirement....At my age and the current economic outlook, I'll probably be able to retire about 3 years after they bury me......

Apparently, a new update is planned but when/if it will materialise is another mystery ....

What does that tell you?

From what i can tell the developer has been ill, if thats the case i wish him a speedy recovery.

Personally i think anyone who invests in this program needs to have a long hard think about how they spend their hard earned cash.

ProAtc is so far from being usable as a 'Pro' ATC product. It has some nice features but its almost at beta level of development not a polished complete and ready to use product.

You see other developers releasing service packs now and again to address the odd issue or add extra functions but not a re-build for a product that does not do as its name suggests, advertised or expected.

ProAtc developer please get fit and well but in the meantime stop selling this product, lock the doors and produce a 'knock-your-socks-off' ATC program.

I'll probably get slated for this post but everyone has the right to their opinion. I am a simulator developer/designer for real ATC simulators so i think im in a position to have an opinion on a ATC product.

I hope it gets through its growing pains.

Rich

Personally i think anyone who invests in this program needs to have a long hard think about how they spend their hard earned cash.

ProAtc is so far from being usable as a 'Pro' ATC product. It has some nice features but its almost at beta level of development not a polished complete and ready to use product.

Not sure if you were knocking me, or the developer or both. Either way, I get what you're saying and it makes sense.

I just had a simple question. Which I think I found a workaround for. I bought it  based on the features I thought were going to be included. Obviously, works needs to be done all-around.

Other than online ATC, what would you recommend? Keep in mind in using WIN7 x64. I'd like SID/STAR capabilities, etc. Any recommendations?

I have already tried suggesting setting up a temporary forum here at AVSIM, but got totally shot Down by both moderators with a barrage of posts with every reason under the sun why it would not work.

For instance having two sites is not practical, notwithstanding the fact that Opus has been doing this successfully for a long time. Another reason was that the AVSIM site would be "redundant" HUH? Yet another one was the fact that every time PMDG has a new release AVSIM goes down. I got the biggest laugh out of that one. PMDG has a release about every two years and when they do, AVSIM has gone down about as long as 1/4 of the time that the PATC forum goes down every single day.

I have a lot of respect for the efforts of both the Moderators over there, but I don't think blowing sunshine up people's rear ends about the state of affairs over there is impressing some of us. There are many simmers that have been and still are around this forum, that own PATC and have not heard from over there for quite a while now. I wonder why?

Regards,

Rick Hobbs