Sign in to follow this  
IFR7700

QUESTION for AVSIM Screen Shot Forum Participants

I would like to get an idea of the types of image editors and the proficiency level of that exists by the participants in our forum.  This is to get some information to shape an idea I have to help attract participation to our forum.  So ...

What type of image editor do you use?

Describe your proficiency at the use of your image editor.

Also, how did you learn to use your image editor?

Thanks,

Dennis

I use Photoshop CS6.  I started using photoshop back at PS7.  I consider myself fairly proficient at the use of the program.  I am self-taught using Deke McClelland videos, Katrin Eisman videos, Ron Kramer and Portranet.com, Lynda.com and books by practically everyone.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Why I'll waste no time Dennis.  I use Photoshop CS6.  I have nearly 11 years experience with some form of Photoshop primarily in the use of television graphic and spot production.  Of course I didn't use PS every single day on the job, but had to maintain a high level of proficiency in order to meet production guidelines.  In the over 6 years since I changed careers, I only use it sparingly now, mainly just tinkering.

Chris Sunseri

Like most, I use CS6. Been using adobe since ps3 so it's nothing new to me. I don't think adobe has much competition when it comes to PS so I just stick to that. Time did it's thing and that's how I learnt how to use it. I will of course utilize the occasional tutorial if I'm on to achieve a specific effect.

I never edit except for resizing and cropping with paint.net

I would like to start adding some effects though for sure, in which case ill probably use GIMP because its free and I have it.

I never edit anything either, except for resizing, and "Paint"  is enough for that.

I crop and resize using acdsee, and use cs6 for repaints.

I am completely self taught in Illustrator and PS since way before the CS series

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X3.

I would guess I can only use 30% of its possibilities.

Scott

I use Microsoft Paint and Photoshop CS2, depending on what it is I'm trying to do. Paint is only used if I just want to take the screenshot, save, and upload. Sometimes I do a bit of editing in Photoshop, but I don't really do much editing at all. I pretty much just figured out how to use Photoshop on my own.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I use Snagit to resize and reformat images and Adobe Photoshop Elements to adjust filesize.

HLJAMES

I use Snagit to resize and reformat images and Adobe Photoshop Elements to adjust filesize.

HLJAMES

Any reason why you use Snagit? I've just never heard of it.

HLJAMES

Any region on your desktop can be taken and changed to JPG and any pixel size.

program used to be free; now payware. Recommend.

HLJAMES

I use Paint.Net mostly. It's quick and easy to crop and resize images, which is all I really need.

I also have an older copy of Paint Shop Pro which I use sometimes, mostly to batch-process files when posting many screenshots (I've made a script that resizes images automatically, adds just a tiny bit of sharpening and saves it as a Jpeg with 95% quality).

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

CS suites (now at version 6).

Selflearn....probably slightly below internediate level proficiency :-)

FRAPS to capture screenshots