Sign in to follow this  
aeromini

Horrible FPS hit

Hello all,

I recently installed Longview Ranch and Elstree on my computer.  My FPS in the air around the airports is in the 30-40 FPS zone.  If I turn towards the the airport, my FPS drops to 8.  On the ground, my FPS is good when looking a certain direction, but when looking at another area, my FPS will also drop to about 8.  For example,  at Longview Ranch,  When I look at the hangar area, my FPS is in the mid 20's, but if I look at the runway, my FPS will drop to 8.  I have no idea why this happens! Any help would be appreciated.

What do you suggest how scenery libraries should be?

1y329d.jpg

i have this with some freewares and a very few payware sceneries. If you try everyting and problems persist it can be just bad optimized scenery, or worse - bad FSX region like KSEA, where nobody can do something about. You can just avoid it.

Hello all,

I recently installed Longview Ranch and Elstree on my computer.  My FPS in the air around the airports is in the 30-40 FPS zone.  If I turn towards the the airport, my FPS drops to 8.  On the ground, my FPS is good when looking a certain direction, but when looking at another area, my FPS will also drop to about 8.  For example,  at Longview Ranch,  When I look at the hangar area, my FPS is in the mid 20's, but if I look at the runway, my FPS will drop to 8.  I have no idea why this happens! Any help would be appreciated.

Unsure how familiar you are with Orbx products, but a couple of things I will mention. After the installation of any new scenery it is always recommended to install the latest libraries. The other thing I remember about Longview Ranch scenery is there are a couple of frame hitters which should be turned off in the scenery control panel. There is a water irrigation plant alongside one of the airstrips, I suggest you turn that one off for definite. In fact I would suggest you turn off all the things that you don't require. The CP is there basically to provide eye candy options, such as creature flow, nature flow etc. Another known frame hogger is 3d grass. Here's my CP, why not try these settings and see how you get on.

Mf573.jpg

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Thank you all for the help.  Could you tell me how to install the latest libraries?

Thank you all for the help.  Could you tell me how to install the latest libraries?

Sure, go to the Orbx support page at www.fullterrain.com, scroll to the bottom and you'll find the latest libraries no.130723.  Just follow the instructions... very easy.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

A pleasure

Howard