Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

How About A Sound Preview?

So, RSR has stated that the last thing he thinks we want is a video, because it will take away precious time from development and "internal testing."

So, we've seen photos of both the inside and the outside, but we don't know what it even sounds like!

Most, if not all of us would want to know. I don't know a ton about it, but it can't be that hard!

Record the sound, and upload it. Unfortunately, some sound quality will be lost in uploading, it always ends up like that, I'm not sure why. But, most of us here want to hear the sound of the soon-to-be-released PMDG 777X!

~Thanks for your consideration. This product will be amazing on release!  :wub:

if some sound quality would be lost in uploading is there any point in uploading a sound file to show off what it sounds like as it wont give the best impression if it is not 100% as it sounds in the game

thats just my opinion

Stewart Cumbers

I hope they dont waste their time with any more previews. Photos are quick and easy, videos and sound clips not so much. Just keep working until its ready for release. Everyone will be happy then 

I would be very happy if I never heard another thing from PMDG until the day it is released.

I do not mean to ruin the mood for everyone that needs a live stream into the PMDGs offices.

The less distraction the quicker it'll be out.

Chuck Biggins

I'm a radio producer/host/sound engineer for a living and sound is the easiest thing to work with (for me anyway) and there are simple easy ways to compress a signal for the web with next to no loss.  But we won't get a sound preview unless we get a demo video.  That's my guess. 

the sounds from this aircraft are just phenomenal. There are literally thousands of individual sounds utilising unique code. You will not get a "engine sound #1" effect, quite simply because the sound evolves based on how you fly the aircraft, power and atmospheric conditions. I have done half a dozen or so short hops with her today and you know what, the sound at touchdown was different with every landing! The guys have developed what I consider is a unique system where every sound from a switch in the cockpit to the engines is not locked to a single sound effect but creates dynamic sound based upon current conditions. Hit a button in the cockpit and hear a sound, hit it again, you may well get a different sound! After all, you may have pressed a little bit harder or pressed the button on a different corner and in the real world that equates to a new sound. This is exactly what is happening in this 777. Believe me you will be more than impressed!

JaneRachel Whittaker

- Jane Whittaker

JaneRachel Whittaker

Very jealous of you Jane! Hopefully you don't find too many bugs so us minions can have a go at her.