Sign in to follow this  
d210673l

Head Up Display (HUD) not displaying.

Hi everyone,

For some reason or other, since re-installing the 737-800/900 NGX, I cannot get the HUD to activate and display in the VC.  I have tried the usual method and nothing is happening.

Any ideas and advice please.

Many thanks.

Sebastian

This may be silly but have you tried turning the brightness knob up?

Failing that the re-install is probably the problem. Its never normally recommended to un-install then re-install PMDG aircraft unless you follow a very specific guide. If done incorrectly it throws up loads of problems like this. Id send a support ticket if I were you.

your ddl.xml for some  reason has got corrupted, you got  a few options 

1  If by any chance made a back up of your hard drive than it just a matter of just re installing your ddl.xml

2  or  send  a support  ticket  in with your dll.xml  file attached and they will fix it for you

3   Are you sure you have click the clear button on the hugs control panel

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your suggestions; much appreciated.

It was not an issue with the brightness knob and anyway, I decided to uninstall it and re-install and the problem is resolved.  Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

On a slightly off topic question, which AI Traffic add on do you guys use as a matter of interest?  I have tried Traffic X and My Traffic pro 5.4a.  I am not entirely happy with these and am thinking of trying something different.

Kind regards.

Sebastian

Is anyone out there able to give me their advice on which AI Traffic add on they consider to be the best?  You may direct me to a more appropriate forum if you are unable to discuss or unwilling to discuss this non 737NGX subject here.  I just figure that the most knowledgeable people are members of this forum.

Many thanks for any help and advice.

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

FWIW I have Ultimate Traffic II installed and am happy enough with it.  Having said that, I don't use it often these days since the limited flying time that I get, is usually on VATSIM, where I don't want AI traffic to get in the way.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks Emile,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me on the subject.  To be honest, I am leaning towards UT II.  I am many years experience with FS9 and FSX but I am no wizard either.  It was a lot easier in FS9: you just installed your AI Traffic add on and that was it.  You did not necessarily need to interact with all the databases and add the aircraft manually.  It was installed and generated automatically.  I seems to work differently in FSX.

Anyway, thanks again and happy flying.

Sebastian