Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

PMDG 737 NGX Problems with high temps, S turns, auto pilot disconnects, wind shear alerts and wind shifts

Problems with "S" turns, auto pilot disconnects, wind shear alerts at cruise altitude and severe wind shifts may be caused by corrupted OPTIONS.INI files (not the 737ngxoptions.ini) in the \Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft folder. It affects SimConnect, which also affects other addons that use SimConnect. The options.ini files contain configuration settings for the NGX, the info that you set up in the CDU. When downloading a new livery, it would be good practice to delete the options.ini file, and create a new one via the CDU. If you still have problems make sure you put in an assumed temp in the "Perf" page, which you can get from your GRIB report (OpusWeatherReport.txt or Upper Atmosphere weather report window), for cruising altitude, ensure you don't omit the minus sign if appropriate.

If your temperatures are too high make sure you put in an assumed temp in the "Perf" page, which you can get from your GRIB report (OpusWeatherReport.txt or Upper Atmosphere weather report window), for cruising altitude, for example -54, ensure you don't omit the minus sign if appropriate.

Cheryl

Cheryl-

Sorry to but into your forum- but I wanted to offer our help here.

The options.ini files have nothing whatever to do with simconnect- as most of our customers will tell you.  The options ini files store the settings that you have selected for your NGX.  Items such as the MCP type, brake type, F/D type, etc. 

Nothing in these files has any impact on simconnect- and as such deleting them is merely creating a placebo effect.

If you all would like to reach out to us directly- the door is always open.  We discussed the impact of severe temperature swings with steven a year-or-so ago, and the bottom line is that you all are struggling with a known flaw in FSX that gets brought out when a developer like PMDG creates a realistic air data/EEC system to control engines and flight controls.

You guys are working to produce the most realistic weather engine possible- and we already produce the most realistic aircraft/avionics/engine capability possible.  Unfortunately due to some very poor design decisions within FSX that can occasionally put our products on a collision course.

You can reach us directly if you want to compare ideas- Stephen has my direct email.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert,

You will have to blame me for that info that Cheryl posted in regard to option.ini files causing simconnect errors.

How this came about was after a issue with FS2Crew getting simconnect errors when using option.ini files that came with pre SP1c  repaints via Avsim library. Not from PMDG download site.

I had discussed this with Bryan, and his recommendation was to delete these ini's. And it did work, by creating new ones. The errors went away.

With the current Opus release (s) making sure an assumed temp is entered has fixed a lot of "S" turns, autopilot disconnects, and high temp readings that occurred. Well for me it has :)

I do apologize if any information I have passed onto Stephen and Cheryl is a load of hog wash, and my intention was not to give the impression that I know more about the NGX than the developers.

It was more passing on what I did to get a realistic flight using the NGX + Opus.

I do hope you understand my intentions.

Regards

Julian

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks for the clarification about the option.ini files Robert, most useful.

We have received a great deal of positive feedback from OpusFSX users flying the PMDG 737NGX, the vast majority experience absolutely no problems of any kind. As most people know we use this aircraft ourselves in-house for some of our test and pleasure flying.

Stephen & Cheryl