Sign in to follow this  
WilloW_737

Saving your FSX Settings ?

Greetings:

Is it possible to save your FSX control settings (calibration, button / keys & control axis) ?

Further, will selecting the default settings reset ALL settings from ALL settings pages (calibration, button / keys & control axis), or will it only set those on the page selected ?

I am hoping it's possible to save the settings file.

Thank you,   WilloW

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

Here's the way I do it:

• Copy standard.xml (located at  C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls)
  • Rename it standard_xml_20yy-mm-dd.BAK (yy-mm-dd, the date saved)
  • Periodically copy and re-name standard.xml (because small changes are made in the setup - including the date in the naming convention helps me remember when I did this last

I you need to replace standard.xml, delete the exisiting file, copy your back-up, rename the copy standard.xml

Untrue

Thanks everyone. I now have backed control settings :)

It also proves it's benificial to ask more than one person.  I read on another forum that this wasn't possible - clearly it is....   Best,   WilloW

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator