Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

MegaSceneryEarth's Announcement

If they decide to do Canada, I would suspect we will get only one season just like the USA.  The size of the files and downloads would be tremendous if more than one season was provided.  I would suspect the price for each area would be quite high too.  I would settle with just one season right now.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Canada must look stunning in photoreal quality

I think it will depend on image sources.  Last time I tried to acquire aerial images of Greenland (not Canada but close) they were hit and miss.  But I agree, Canada would make for some amazing photo scenery.  15TB SSD's on standby ;)

"15TB SSD's on standby"   :rofl:

Best regards, 

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

My rather educated guess is that there's likely something coming for Eur/Asia/Africa too within some time, while large parts of Europe are well covered I really would love to have some good coverage for parts of Africa and Asia. 

Maybe I should start thinking about getting third hard drive...  :biggrin:

Canada must look stunning in photoreal quality....... Now I wonder if it will have seasonal textures?

Just to clear something up in regard to this.

To have 4 seasons, you have to have 4 totally different sets of photoreal imagery, one for each season. So, say for example a MSE state scenery is 25Gb in size, to have 4 seasons, it would be around 100Gb straight away. But, this probably wont happen because there are not 4 full sets of imagery available. There simply isnt a full state set of imagery available for each season to source from.

The groups taking the aerial images only take them during a particular season of the year, and no others.

Hope that clears it up :)

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

To have 4 seasons, you have to have 4 totally different sets of photoreal imagery, one for each season. So, say for example a MSE state scenery is 25Gb in size, to have 4 seasons, it would be around 100Gb straight away. But, this probably wont happen because there are not 4 full sets of imagery available. There simply isnt a full state set of imagery available for each season to source from.

The groups taking the aerial images only take them during a particular season of the year, and no others.

Plus for Canada I find in the winter Orbx + High Res mesh works pretty good as everythings covered with snow

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Thanks, I thought that was the case.

The reason I made that comment was because Canada, unlike Australia, has a lot of snow. I mean a lot. You know this. 

So anyway, we love it! Of course more seasons will mean more money and I am sure that it will be hard work just for one season, let alone four, and then the sales have to add up, where four seasons may be out of some people's price range.

If I have to take the middle ground, summer would be fine. But it would be nice having fall, pretty colours.

Signed,

Regards

Daniel

I hope Megascenery can make a Japan package. The photo scenery there is very accessible as we have seen many freewares.

You could do all of Honshu in one package. It is about half the size of California.

Regards

Daniel

The only Photo Scenery that I know of with both Summer & Winter seasons, is Switzerland Pro.

http://www.flylogicsoftware.com/site/frameset_en.htm  First bought it pre 2006 for fs9, then again later for fsx. It was good in its day but could be considered a bit dated now perhaps, as I am unaware of any updates. Used to be very expensive. Not too sure what the pricing is like now.

Aerosoft market it now I believe. Still enjoy flying the country sometimes though as I have been a time or two myself.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Thanks, I thought that was the case.

The reason I made that comment was because Canada, unlike Australia, has a lot of snow. I mean a lot. You know this. 

So anyway, we love it! Of course more seasons will mean more money and I am sure that it will be hard work just for one season, let alone four, and then the sales have to add up, where four seasons may be out of some people's price range.

If I have to take the middle ground, summer would be fine. But it would be nice having fall, pretty colours.

Signed,

Regards

Daniel

Daniel,

yep you pretty much pointed out all the reasons why it's viable to do only one season when working with such massive photoreal areas :)

The only Photo Scenery that I know of with both Summer & Winter seasons, is Switzerland Pro.

http://www.flylogicsoftware.com/site/frameset_en.htm  First bought it pre 2006 for fs9, then again later for fsx. It was good in its day but could be considered a bit dated now perhaps, as I am unaware of any updates. Used to be very expensive. Not too sure what the pricing is like now.

Aerosoft market it now I believe. Still enjoy flying the country sometimes though as I have been a time or two myself.

Still costs quite a bit for that one today. But it certainly was good back in the day.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Daniel,

yep you pretty much pointed out all the reasons why it's viable to do only one season when working with such massive photoreal areas :)

Still costs quite a bit for that one today. But it certainly was good back in the day.

I ordered from you guys the other day. Expecting it in the mail anyday now, but I believe it is quite good, having been to Switzerland myself and seeing one of the best ever hard cover photo books of Swiss towns and cities (360 degrees)...... I'll let you know how it compares to the VFR Germany photoscenery for FSX........which is EXCELLENT!

Signed

Regards,

Daniel