Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

Opus and Rex config?

Let me start out with, bravo on OpusFSX. I would like to use Rex textures and Opus to do the rest. I have searched for help on this and have come up empty. Anyone know of a guide to help with this. I tried to get onto the Rex forum, however it has been impossible for me to register my copy with them. I wont get into details, I have tried every which way to no avail. Thanks for your time.

Thank you for your kind comments, always nice to know people are enjoying the product. As for the REX textures there is no problem at all. Just use REX to select and install your preferred textures then shutdown REX and only use when you want to change your textures.

OpusFSX will generate and inject the weather as normal and it is the sim that makes use of all your installed textures. So everything operates as normal. Use REX only to install your textures, then don't run it any more. Use OpusFSX to generate your weather and perhaps configure some camera views to make use of the RW DHM and turbulence, including the excellent Bump Aircraft which is fully synchronised.

If you have been using the latest betas then you will be aware of the new Live Weather Assistant and multiple Weather Maps all coordinated with your flight plans. We also provide client side weather control allowing the LWA and Weather Maps to be displayed on a networked client. We will be posting Release version 3.20 very soon, probably Wednesday.

Enjoy your simming.

Regards

Stephen

Are we supposed to be able to view the maps on the client NOW?  I am unable to see live weather on my client, it just displays empty maps.... All I am able to do weather wise from the client is control the menus on the server.  I'd prefer to be able to view weather reports/maps all on the client.

You can with the latest beta, soon also to be posted as a release version.

It sounds like you haven't setup your sharing and security permissions as described in the Getting Started Guide for Networked PCs. The client needs to access the server's OpusFSX\Themes folder in order to display everything, all the map data and various text reports that is.

Please read and step through the sharing and security permissions section, remember permission apply to both sharing and security so you must set both. Do this and you're client will be able to access all the data it needs.

Stephen

Please check out our SimForums, there are live topics there where people are using these features and have already set up there systems etc. I couldn't get on Avsim just now so was unable to answer.

Don't forget to step through the Getting Started Guide, those sharing and security measures are essential. Remember to share your OpusFSX installation drive using the same drive letter. In other words share drive C using the share name C.

Stephen

Thank you for your kind comments, always nice to know people are enjoying the product. As for the REX textures there is no problem at all. Just use REX to select and install your preferred textures then shutdown REX and only use when you want to change your textures.

OpusFSX will generate and inject the weather as normal and it is the sim that makes use of all your installed textures. So everything operates as normal. Use REX only to install your textures, then don't run it any more. Use OpusFSX to generate your weather and perhaps configure some camera views to make use of the RW DHM and turbulence, including the excellent Bump Aircraft which is fully synchronised.

If you have been using the latest betas then you will be aware of the new Live Weather Assistant and multiple Weather Maps all coordinated with your flight plans. We also provide client side weather control allowing the LWA and Weather Maps to be displayed on a networked client. We will be posting Release version 3.20 very soon, probably Wednesday.

Enjoy your simming.

Regards

Stephen

Thanks for the quick reply, I really like all that Opus provides for the Flight experience. I can't wait to get into some challenging weather.

Ok thanks I got it to work.  Just a small request, it would be nice to be able to pull up the Opus dialog box on the client, to see the local weather report etc.... 

Unfortunately the Opus Weather Reports on the server use an FSX window for their display. But try opening the LW Assistant and moving the mouse over the map. Much of the weather will be displayed in the information box. We will be adding many more features to the LWA and Weather Maps. FYI - A new beta 3.19.11 will be posted today aiming to post the release version 3.20 on Wednesday.

Stephen

You can select various Opus Weather Reports for display on the server's main FSX/P3D screen via the client's LWE Control dialog. There is also the Opus Flight Plan text weather report that can be displayed and automatically refreshed on your client computer, this report will detail all en route weather, winds and temps aloft with averages, all relevent TAFs etc.

I will no doubt add more weather related features to both the client side LWA and LWE Control so its likely even more information will be available at your finger tips. We will soon be adding wind arrows, a Cruise Winds option, a Cruise Temps option, and a Lower Level Turbulence option to the LWA and Weather Maps. We will also be allowing up to six Weather Maps to be displayed so a wide variety of weather related information will be available.

If you are not already using it, please download and give Beta 3.19.11 a go. See our SimForums Announcements for details.

Stephen