Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

That is very nice to read, because I was quite concerned about how the were about to implement it

I should point out too, as this is a really great feature:-

I was concerned (before seeing the aircraft) how easy would it be to use all those checklists, using the little joypad thingamajig that they have in the 777. I need not have worried. If any of you wonder how all this works, I can allay your fears. Whenever you mouse over the checklist screen the mouse cursor changes to the checklist cursor and you can just point and click at checklist items!

It is really clever because if you have another display on that display unit it acts just like a regular screen, ditto if you move the checklists to another display rather than the lower display, such as replacing the ND with checklists. The bottom line is that wherever you put the checklist screen, it automatically uses the new cursor feature when you mouse over. Click dead centre on the screen and it pops-up can be resized and still maintains the checklist cursor when it is in the screen region!

Regards, always three greens and happy landings,

Max

Aerospace Engineer and Private Pilot
TriStarbanner_zpsefe0294f.jpg
Flightdiary

Thanks for the initial review, so I'm assuming that this is finally good news and that we're close to releasing this thing finally? :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I thought you've been quiet lately! Lol it looks great Jane and we must catch up soon.

Hey Jess, thought you were in deepest Austria!

- Jane Whittaker

Hi Jane,

Looks like your going to be busy lol,

Thanks for your comments to my question regarding PC performance, well I can fly the 737 in regional airports at a comfy 18-24 fps, so if the 777 is a lot better, sounds more like the MD11 performance wise then I better start saving and get one for my hanger!

Thanks again Jane, oh and love the screen shots too.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I have posted this elsewhere, but I will post it again here as I think it is such a breakthrough for those of you who want to cover the globe but don't necessarily have the time!

Guys,

One of the features that really impresses me with this aircraft is a feature in FSX that I have never seen before. It means you can SAFELY do a longhaul in a little over an hour! seriously!

Yes, we have all used time acceleration, only to regret it as the whole sim goes pear shaped! The 777 has an intelligent, auto acceleration feature built in, should you wish to speed up your flight!

Right clicking the CHR button on the clock by default engages a new automatic time compression mode that PMDG have developed. This mode intelligently accelerates time along the straight line segments of the route up to a maximum level that can be set in the SIMULATION options menu in the FMC. The feature will slow time down at turns, step climbs, level offs etc and is also capable of detecting wind, pressure, or temperature shifts that could upset the aircraft while it's flying accelerated. If these happen, it slows to 1x, recovers and then accelerates again. This mode works extremely well in our testing so far and allows you to complete the longest 200LR flights that exist like KATL-FAOR in just an hour or two. You can turn the mode off by left clicking the CHR button.

Yes really, I am not kidding!

JaneRachel Whittaker

- Jane Whittaker

Hi Jane,

Looks like your going to be busy lol,

Thanks for your comments to my question regarding PC performance, well I can fly the 737 in regional airports at a comfy 18-24 fps, so if the 777 is a lot better, sounds more like the MD11 performance wise then I better start saving and get one for my hanger!

Thanks again Jane, oh and love the screen shots too.

Hey Dave, there really is a lot more going on with the 777 than the NGX, take for instance the full fly by wire implementation etc, but what I think has happened (and don't quote me on it!) is that with each release the team really are sharpening their skills. Everything seems faster and more fluid right across the board. Everything has been upgraded, I even find things like the glass display screens look much more like real glass with crisper displays, without any performance penalty.

Hello Jane,

Did you have a chance to look at the introductory documentation and the tutorial flight?

Hey Dennis, in all honesty I haven't yet, but I will dig in just as soon as I am able and report back!

- Jane Whittaker

OOMs related to PMDG aircraft? All my recent OOMs have been related to scenery.

What about the 2D popup with the MFD set to the ECL? Does the cursor feature work the same in 2D popups?

yes to the ECL question, all works fine

as far as OOM or CTD goes, there has been neither seen by me in any of my flights or any reported by another beta testers to my knowledge. She is running as sweet as a nut!

- Jane Whittaker

Did you have a chance to look at the introductory documentation and the tutorial flight?

Neither have been released to the beta team yet, so nope!  Not just yet.

Kyle Rodgers

Rest assured that every last detail of this aircraft, every nook and cranny has been recreated with such incredible precision. I was impressed with the 737NGX, with the 777 I am blown away, seriously! Every last detail has been taken care of, and every detail of those little details!

What I can tell you is that the 777 has significantly increased frame rate performance over and above the NGX.

Wow! those words hold alot of weight. That is just amazing that they can pull this off as FSX continues to age and we push its boundaries more and more.  So exciting. What a privledge to be a beta tester for the rolls royce of FSX developers. Thanks for your insight.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

777vc_zps55443a8d.jpg

Something I am very pleased with - the proportions of the flight deck are simply perfect. Notice how the glareshield properly projects forward in to the cockpit. Don't you hate it when panels make the glareshield seem flat to the gauges? Not in this aircraft!

- Jane Whittaker