Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

Thanks for the previews Jane!

Please keep them coming...

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I hope we get to hear the sounds of those engine spooling up and takeoff reallly soon.  This excitment is boiling over in the community. Great marketing strategy!!

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

A wing view with flaps all the way down and spoilers up would be awesome too!  :rolleyes:

Thank you for the fantastic previews Jane!

Not quite what you asked for, but here's a couple shots of my arrival into PHNL last night.

2013_8_1_19_35_27_693.jpg

2013_8_1_19_35_36_227.jpg

Besides the CDU, what 2D panels are there? I know there isn't a complete 2D panel, but are there pop outs for the PFD, ND, etc? Or the MCP perhaps?

Jorge,

Yes, there are popups for all of the screens, the MCP, all three CDU's, and a little one that has the COM1 radio, and transponder controls on it.

A FDX 777F shot from one of the inspection windows would be nice. Also, some night pics. Thanks

FDX706

This sounds just awesome, can't wait till it's released!  :smile:

I think I will retire the MD-11 from regular routes when the 777 comes out and use it for charter flights instead.

Regards

Joona L

I should point out too, as this is a really great feature:-

I was concerned (before seeing the aircraft) how easy would it be to use all those checklists, using the little joypad thingamajig that they have in the 777. I need not have worried. If any of you wonder how all this works, I can allay your fears. Whenever you mouse over the checklist screen the mouse cursor changes to the checklist cursor and you can just point and click at checklist items!

It is really clever because if you have another display on that display unit it acts just like a regular screen, ditto if you move the checklists to another display rather than the lower display, such as replacing the ND with checklists. The bottom line is that wherever you put the checklist screen, it automatically uses the new cursor feature when you mouse over. Click dead centre on the screen and it pops-up can be resized and still maintains the checklist cursor when it is in the screen region!

Thank you, great read

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Jorge,

Yes, there are popups for all of the screens, the MCP, all three CDU's, and a little one that has the COM1 radio, and transponder controls on it.

Thanks for the answer Mike. Appreciate it! Can't wait to put my FCOM's to good use!

Pretty exciting!... I know that is an understatement. :P

REQUEST TO BETA TEST:

Three monitor setup for VC. 24" X 3 monitors using  the new 6xx and 7xx Video NVidia  surround.  Please!  Too many aircrafts, even the recent ones don't work unless I  remove some Windows from the panel.cfg. 

IF none of you Beta testers have such a setup.. I'll volunteer!   :P

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks for the info, Jane.. always like your articles and glad that you were on the beta team....

Bruce.

Jane thanks alot , I hope ill have time off by release date .....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Good read.  Wish I had more now after my work.  read: I'm not at work any more and want to read about the beta teams progress all night long :) 

Looks like with the release of NGX, Majestic Dash-8, Some of the A2A models and for sure this big hit from PMDG (the 777) value creation has shifted from the platform to the payware add-ons.

And we know PMDG is working with the X-plane team. Maybe that would be the platform of the future..

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K