Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

This looks nice.

I'm gonna have to get me one for sure.   :ph34r:

GREAT sales tactic!  :rolleyes:

This looks nice.

I'm gonna have to get me one for sure.   :ph34r:

Oh yeah, Rob buddy - you owe me a new pair socks... kind of blew off yesterday and I'm yet to locate them. Unfortunately I didn't buy that GPS option like they give you with the 777...

I should point out too, as this is a really great feature:-

I was concerned (before seeing the aircraft) how easy would it be to use all those checklists, using the little joypad thingamajig that they have in the 777. I need not have worried. If any of you wonder how all this works, I can allay your fears. Whenever you mouse over the checklist screen the mouse cursor changes to the checklist cursor and you can just point and click at checklist items!

It is really clever because if you have another display on that display unit it acts just like a regular screen, ditto if you move the checklists to another display rather than the lower display, such as replacing the ND with checklists. The bottom line is that wherever you put the checklist screen, it automatically uses the new cursor feature when you mouse over. Click dead centre on the screen and it pops-up can be resized and still maintains the checklist cursor when it is in the screen region!

Hi Jane,

Thanks a lot for your description of the various features and level of sophistication that this 777 is going to bring in the FSX World. A couple of questions, if I may?

1. How well is the trim for speed function designed? As there are so many different joysticks/yokes/hardware out there, how well has PMDG catered for different setups that the customer has?

2. Are the normal checklists customizable? For example, different operators of the NG have different items and responses on their Normal checklists. As there is no Electronic Checklist in the NG, it does not matter. But in the 777, can I customize the Normal Checklists, to match say Jet Airways QRH and SoP for example? Or do all 777 operators have the same Normal Checklists and SoP?

Thanks and regards,

Dinshaw Parakh

@JR

Will you be doing the same in-depth features as you are currently doing for the NGX in PCP?

that is indeed the plan, yes

- Jane Whittaker

Very much look forward to that.

@JaneRachel, how long have you been beta testing this plane and do you find it is stable and ready for release yet?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Jane, thank you soooo much for your first impressions etc. 

I´ve got a question: In real life, the T7 LR can carry a maximum fuel capacity of 202.570 L with three aux tanks. Is it possible to fill all aux tanks in the PMDG T7 LR so we can fly ultra long hauls with about 9,395 nautical miles with full pax etc, ? This is very important for me... 

@JaneRachel, how long have you been beta testing this plane and do you find it is stable and ready for release yet?

Aaron, the beta team got the aircraft a few days ago and it is very stable! As for being ready for release, you will have to ask RSR that one, that's definitely a question that needs to be asked directly to the developers.

- Jane Whittaker

Four questions:

1. What is PCP

2. I see all screenshots that show fuel in kilos, is it safe to assume that lbs will also be available?

3. Just how many airline options are avalible

4. Can you see the strobes bouncing off the ground from the cockpit or are they too far to light up the ground by the cockpit?

Jane, thank you soooo much for your first impressions etc. 

I´ve got a question: In real life, the T7 LR can carry a maximum fuel capacity of 202.570 L with three aux tanks. Is it possible to fill all aux tanks in the PMDG T7 LR so we can fly ultra long hauls with about 9,395 nautical miles with full pax etc, ? This is very important for me... 

Hey Maurice, here is the full fuel loadout of the aircraft. It is fully loaded with 320,000lbs of fuel. It will certainly get you that whole 9000 or so miles if you wish.

fuel_zpsaf6cda3f.jpg

Four questions:

1. What is PCP

2. I see all screenshots that show fuel in kilos, is it safe to assume that lbs will also be available?

3. Just how many airline options are avalible

4. Can you see the strobes bouncing off the ground from the cockpit or are they too far to light up the ground by the cockpit?

1) PC Pilot Magazine (I am the Deputy Editor and also write technical tutorials for airliners)

2) yes, you can use pounds or kilos. Please see the screenshot in my earlier post which uses lbs.

3) lots, I haven't counted them all, but there are 16 pages of options in the CDU!

4) honestly, I have no idea, but I will take a look for you later

- Jane Whittaker

1) PC Pilot Magazine (I am the Deputy Editor and also write technical tutorials for airliners)
2) yes, you can use pounds or kilos. Please see the screenshot in my earlier post which uses lbs.
3) lots, I haven't counted them all, but there are 16 pages of options in the CDU!
4) honestly, I have no idea, but I will take a look for you later

Thanks!

Thanks for the info, Jane.. always like your articles and glad that you were on the beta team....

Bruce.

thanks Bruce, I appreciate that. I thought it was only me that reads them :)

- Jane Whittaker

This looks absolutely amazing!!! 

Can't wait for the release... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

There are no 2D panels.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU