Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

Dirt. How bad is it in the cockpit? Oily finger prints on the screens? Nasty caked in grime on the knobs? How dirty is the exterior?

I was surprised that there was still some there (after Robert's comment in the Munich videos), but it's definitely not as noticeable.  Most of what I noticed was fingerprints on the screens.

I'm not all OCD about cleanliness but I wanna be prepared! :)

Would it be OC of me to point out that OCD stands for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and saying you're not all OCD isn't proper?  haha.  Sorry, I always give people a hard time about that.

You should hear my rant about people saying Reeeeseeeeees for Reese's Pieces...

Kyle Rodgers

Pitty we cant get our hands on the pdf manuals for this now soas to be ready to fly upon release.

spacer.png

Let me leave you with a little snippet of info on the sounds, Yes, we have all heard sounds when you press a button on the overhead etc, how about that sound changing depending on where you click the overhead button or the pressure of the mouse. The whole aircraft is organic, you will never hear the same sequences of sounds twice, that includes the engines that may be just that bit quieter or whine that little bit more depending on atmospheric conditions. This is not an aircraft of looped canned sounds, the whole aircraft responds to you as a pilot and how you treat her. From every cockpit click to those enormous engines you are not going to be hearing cut and paste sounds but an evolving, living breathing soundset that responds to you!

Wow, that's amazing! So I guess that means engine/fan sounds will vary based on flight level! Fa-bu-lous!

Thanks for all the info and pics! :Party:

Can someone verify if entering fixes on the 777's FMC/CDU is possible like we can with the 744?  The rings are great reference points on approaches.

Also would love to see a screenie of it if doable...thanks.

Chris Sunseri

Jane,

Wondering if there might be a Virtual CDU app for this baby?

Love the app for NGX.

Ben.

Ben

Can someone verify if entering fixes on the 777's FMC/CDU is possible like we can with the 744?  The rings are great reference points on approaches.

Also would love to see a screenie of it if doable...thanks.

You can do it in virtually every single Boeing aircraft - why wouldnt this be the same?

You can do it in virtually every single Boeing aircraft - why wouldnt this be the same?

I haven't a clue.  I fly the 744, but not the NGX.  I hope you're right Elliot

Chris Sunseri

I have a question for beta team members:

Dirt. How bad is it in the cockpit? Oily finger prints on the screens? Nasty caked in grime on the knobs? How dirty is the exterior?

I'm not all OCD about cleanliness but I wanna be prepared! :)

It has suitably worn in look. You will see more as the screen shots are posted.

It has suitably worn in look. You will see more as the screen shots are posted.

Does the paint wear off switches after time? :P :lol:

Any info on how the exhaust cone soot buildup is simulated Jane or is it just a variation in paints between the bare metal model with the bluing agent and the painted "777X" model.  I was going off off the external preview that RSR released back in May. Just wondering

FDX706

Thanks for taking the time to share details Jane. Very excited for the T7 release.

Jeff Hendershot
"Roger, Roger...What's Our Vector, Victor?"

REQUEST TO BETA TEST:

Three monitor setup for VC. 24" X 3 monitors using  the new 6xx and 7xx Video NVidia  surround.  Please!  Too many aircrafts, even the recent ones don't work unless I  remove some Windows from the panel.cfg. 

IF none of you Beta testers have such a setup.. I'll volunteer!  

Would someone please answer this? Would this work in a three monitor setup without that rotating cursor thingi robbing us off the fps unnecessarily.  Remember other aircraft of PMDG, there is a panel.cfg that fixes this issue via support.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter