Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

beta notes: You don't have time to fly longhaul? think again!

Guys,

One of the features that really impresses me with this aircraft is a feature in FSX that I have never seen before. It means you can SAFELY do a longhaul in a little over an hour! seriously!

Yes, we have all used time acceleration, only to regret it as the whole sim goes pear shaped! The 777 has an intelligent, auto acceleration feature built in, should you wish to speed up your flight!

Right clicking the CHR button on the clock by default engages a new automatic time compression mode that PMDG have developed. This mode intelligently accelerates time along the straight line segments of the route up to a maximum level that can be set in the SIMULATION options menu in the FMC. The feature will slow time down at turns, step climbs, level offs etc and is also capable of detecting wind, pressure, or temperature shifts that could upset the aircraft while it's flying accelerated. If these happen, it slows to 1x, recovers and then accelerates again. This mode works extremely well in our testing so far and allows you to complete the longest 200LR flights that exist like KATL-FAOR in just an hour or two. You can turn the mode off by left clicking the CHR button.

Yes really, I am not kidding!

JaneRachel Whittaker

- Jane Whittaker

I don't think we can use that feature in my VA - you have points deducted for changing speed - but then again will PMDG T7 "fool" my VA, if its a new way of doing it??

Denis Brown  :rolleyes:   :huh:

Unbelievable!!!  I wasn't sure I'd get this plane as I don't do long haul and have no real desire to(at least not yet anyway).  But, now, this changes everything.  Crap!  Time to get the credit card ready again.  LOL :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Wow, the features do not stop coming.

Truly mind blowing what they kept secret from us.  I'm very pleased though.  It's like we have something EVEN MORE AWESOME to wait for.  I think I just came.  

Incredible, although my VA will not allow time compression, so for me, real time only :)

23.png

I think I can hear a few developers talking about what they're adding to their next product... LOL.

Against me to use time compression, but perhaps this idea should be submitted for real world testing!  Rival the concorde speeds of before.  :lol:

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Yup, a lot of VA's don't allow time compression and I'm fairly certain it would be detected by all the various tracking softwares in use.

Yup, a lot of VA's don't allow time compression and I'm fairly certain it would be detected by all the various tracking softwares in use.

IMO, most VA's have stupid rules.

But I'll definitely use this feature. Real-life doesn't really give me 10-14 continuous hours of free time. Amazing that it'll slow down at appropriate times and then go back.