Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

beta notes: You don't have time to fly longhaul? think again!

Very cool feature for those that want to experience all the fun parts of the long haul with out the long haul!

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Definitely not: The CS version features a weather radar!   :LMAO:

:LMAO:  :LMAO:  :LMAO:

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Could be a useful feature for some. I occasionally use a bit of time compression if I am trying to 'adjust my arrival time' at an airport. Generally not online though.

Of course for those big serious flights on Vatsim, it's all 1x real time stuff.

I'm not in a VA, but even still, time compressing on Vatsim and sailing through other traffic at RVSM flight levels at Mach 10 isn't so good for TCAS. Theirs or mine.

The time compression feature is epic. I get very bored with more than an hour in the cruise. With this I can do any flight in the world in that time!

Just to add a little to what JR said, I did YSSY-CYVR last and night, and even with me taxing to and from the gates, and doing the climb and descent in real time, I was able to complete the flight in a little over 2 hours. Real world ACA34 flight took 13:51 today.

Despite not being able to fly her until I got off work last yesterday, and having to go to bed for work this morning, I still put ~13,500nm (great circle distance) in flights on her. KLAX-KSFO-PHNL-YSSY-CYVR all in one night thanks to this fantastic feature.

Yea, I definetly do not understand VAs. All the rules just sound like a hassle. I do like to keep it as real as possible but keep it reasonable as I'm not getting paid to fly.

I love it when I'm on VATSIM and I use a popular airline's call sign and ill get a pm from someone in the VA that simulates that airline and they just assume I'm one of them. They'll try to talk VA lingo with me knowing full well I'm not in their system and therefore not a part of their VA. They think its a sly way of asking me why I'm infringing on their call sign. This has happened twice with the same VA. not a good way to recruit Lol.

Chuck Biggins

Righht. I've heard it has a button which turns it into a flying pig.

Why is this not a feature? Why would PMDG build an aircraft being 'realistic as possible' and then add something that allows you to fly 16x reality.

I don't believe that, but if it really is a feature, that is lame.

I don't see anywhere where it says you have to use it, so I don't see what your problem is…

I don't see anywhere where it says you have to use it, so I don't see what your problem is…

I just find it a bit weird - but I suppose it's to cater to all audiences, I.e. reality long haulers, sim long haulers = more sales :P

Fantastic feature. I don't feel bad in saying I would never do a flight over 6 hours. Now I can.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Indeed. Even "FSX" itself, the sim in which PMDG 777 will occupy a place, has the 16x (does it even have a 32x? Can't remember) feature built-in.

The only difference is that PMDG aircraft would sometimes go silly at anything above 4x and start spiralling out of control in sharp turns etc.

This new feature basically "Fixes" a "bug" as it were where PMDG couldn't fully utilize a default FSX feature.

Ok it was a "bug" that didn't effect anyone that didn't use time compression, so was pretty low on the priorities.

Now they'v got a fix to the 'bug' that wasn't effecting most people, but if they want to add a feature to address this on a long-haul aircraft which, afterall, is the most likely to benifit from time compression due to the long lengths of typical flights.

I may never use it myself, but at least it's there, and not buggy, for those that do want it.

I presume this feature will not be well recieved by FSCaptain, sigh. :(

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.