Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

TOPCAT TO1 and TO2 missing

I saw on frooglism TOPCAT video that he had a choice of TO1 and TO2 in his thrust settings. But in my TOCAT I only have Thrust Config TO?

I am departing EGJJ,  with a take off weight of 130395Lb  using Flaps 10.    The runway is very short being 1706m.

I am new to using Topcat, what is the reason for this?

Jools

But in my TOCAT I only have Thrust Config TO?

Check the created profile for your aircraft.  You probably forgot to check the relevant boxes allowing that option.

Kyle Rodgers

Check the created profile for your aircraft.  You probably forgot to check the relevant boxes allowing that option.

Ahhh ok.  Yes this might explain a few problems with the amount of passengers.

EDIT: I have selected the PMDG from the browse button and selected the 800, still no options there.

EDIT: I have selected the PMDG from the browse button and selected the 800, still no options there.

That's not it.  That's the passenger loads only.  Yours isn't a weight issue - it's an options issue.  Pay close attention to that full page.  It'll say something about derates with checkboxes.  You'll hit yourself when you find it because it's right in front of you (I don't have my sim comp with me on travel, so I can't post a screenshot for ya).

Kyle Rodgers

I don't have my computer in front of me either but I believe that when you first launch Topcat, you will have your list of aircraft in front of you.  Highlight the aircraft you are going to build the performance data for and then click on the "Edit Details" or just "Details" button I believe in the upper right side of that screen.  I think this will take you to the screen where you can select these options to give you TO1, TO2 and assumed temperature calculations.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Thank you Kyle

It was the 4th option down,  Allow De-Rated Take Off.

Best regards

Jools

It was the 4th option down,  Allow De-Rated Take Off.

Yep!  That's it!

I went to look for the manual and find it for you, but you beat me to it.

For those who come across this in a search in the future:

Page 36 has an image.  The options are under "Thrust Policy"

http://flightsimsoft.com/topcat/TOPCATUsersGuide.pdf

Kyle Rodgers

Kevin and Kyle thanks.

I set the derate as best as possible, out of Jersey. I was flying with FS2Crew. Tried flaps 10 for a change, because it is a short runway. And it is very warm in the UK at the moment. But the FO just dosen't want to select command A for me. So before I realised, I ended up doing 270kts below 3000f.  Which is a bit hot. 

I was tring to hand fly a bit more, but it seemed to back fire a bit.

Bit of a waste of a good configuation.

But the FO just dosen't want to select command A for me. So before I realised, I ended up doing 270kts below 3000f.  Which is a bit hot. 

I had a couple issues with that myself.  I think it was just how I was saying it.  I was saying it one way, but it required another.  Check to make sure you're saying it properly.

Kyle Rodgers

Check to make sure you're saying it properly.

It doesn't like British accents. I tried calibrating my voice in the add to dictionary options.

He understands 'select L NAV and VNAV very well. But you have to watch him when it comes to Select CMD A. He replies and said that he has done it.