Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

You have 52K of thrust? I have 220,000 pounds...

AHAHA. I can see some of the nutters totally believing that and making some desperate youtube video about it.

Would be nice for an official update from PMDG...

Would be nice for an official update from PMDG...

About the implementation of a chemtrail system?

Watching you on vataware now Luke! Have a nice flight, and give us lots of screens! :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Guys and gals, I present you our 'chemtrail dumping system'. Yes, it is true :He He: :Nerd:

ctcs.JPG

bahahaha

Here we are at FL330 - who can notice something that's been changed here that's in another product too? It's been made MUCH more realistic. Really, really stunning.

Here we are at FL330 - who can notice something that's been changed here that's in another product too? It's been made MUCH more realistic. Really, really stunning.

attachicon.gifPMDG_777_Beta_TERR.png

EGPWS TERR looks different (unless my eyes are just playing tricks on me) - Higher resolution.

I assume its the way they display it. Aerowinx PSX had an issue where if they displayed it like the real CRT/LCD's in the 744, there would be a shimmering effect while in a turn, so they used some sort of blurred dot system to stop the Moiré pattern being displayed.

EGPWS TERR looks different 

Yep- been changed a fair bit and looks much better. 

Some high terrain in Afghanistan airspace...

Hi Luke,

Great screenshots with the EGPWS, as always.

I had a question on the EGPWS, and was wondering if you could shed some light on it (I had posed this question in one of the other threads, but it may have got lost in the chatter).

On the 737 NG, the EGPWS Terrain display on the ND is updated via a left <--> right sweep, similar to a radar sweep.  This can be seen in action in the link below:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=W5-cNkqBi-E  (this is not the radar, but the EGPWS system)

This left <--> right sweep has not been modeled in the PMDG NGX.  Does the real 777 have a similar EGPWS Terrain display system?  If yes, is the display sweep specifically modeled?

Thanks!

Rushad E

Hi Luke,

Great screenshots with the EGPWS, as always.

I had a question on the EGPWS, and was wondering if you could shed some light on it (I had posed this question in one of the other threads, but it may have got lost in the chatter).

On the 737 NG, the EGPWS Terrain display on the ND is updated via a left <--> right sweep, similar to a radar sweep.  This can be seen in action in the link below:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=W5-cNkqBi-E  (this is not the radar, but the EGPWS system)

This left <--> right sweep has not been modeled in the PMDG NGX.  Does the real 777 have a similar EGPWS Terrain display system?  If yes, is the display sweep specifically modeled?

Thanks!

Rushad E

Yes, the real 777 sweeps to update the TERR on ND.

From FCOM; "Display updates with a display sweep similar to weather radar display."

Wether PMDG modelled this or not, ill let them say :good:

I need to check my videos here, but the low speed/stall tape on the IAS looks too low given the cruise altitude.

I will check tomorrow and post a screenshot.

Best regards,

Robin.

I like the pic but what are your scenery settings.

Pretty low. I give all the aircraft the quality and performance - ground terrain isn't as important to me. Once I build my desktop I'll up it all a little more though.

I need to check my videos here, but the low speed/stall tape on the IAS looks too low given the cruise altitude.

I will check tomorrow and post a screenshot.

Best regards,

Robin.

He's got a pretty warm SAT, which would increase the size of the 'coffin'.