Sign in to follow this  
TracyQ

172, Realair or A2A?

One of the things I really used to enjoy about flightsimming was all the speculating about upcoming sims,  long before they came out.  Of course,  we don't know what we are talking about,  but it's fun to gab,  and thereby learn a little about our preferences and prejudices. 

So,  given past releases by Realair and A2A,  which do you think you will prefer?  Or are  you  like me,  and will probably get both?

I love the Realair Legacy,  just everything about it is superb.

I also love what A2A does with their releases,  and what Accusim brings to the flying experience.

Both developers are absolutely top notch,  with slightly different approaches to design philosophy,  but both committed to excellence, IMHO.  

What say you? 

Solid question. Both of these developers are top notch and will without question offer great products. You'd think I wouldn't want to buy either since I'm in several 172's every day of the week ^_^ , but I'm with you, I'll probably pick up both.

The only situation I can see me picking and choosing is by the complete off-chance they make the same exact model. If that is the case, it will depend on the model, but leaning toward A2A. I love their products and their public enthusiasm for aviation, real world and sim, and I don't know what I'd do with out my P-40. I can't imagine that both company's haven't collaborated at all and verified this with each other.

We'll have to wait and see, looking forward to more news on these products!

It would be a nostalgia type of thing, since I haven't flown 172's for many years. Just been use to quite a bit more takeoff, climb, and cruise performance. But.....I'd probably get both. I've been a RealAir fan for three versions of flight simulator. And I like the A2A products as well.

Simple.. I plan on buying both. 

That's the way it worked when I had the disposable income to fly.   The place I rented from had 172's and not all were the same year or model. 

Therefore I see no reason to limit myself to just one.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Seems like we have been expecting these products for ages. Sure hope one of the vendors hurries up and gives us an updated 172. I have shopper dollars waiting to spend, but no new 172 to spend them on.

Happy Flying.

I will definitely buy the A2A 172, and most likely the Realair one, too. (Except A2A releases first and RealAir gets bad reviews, which I doubt, though)

Both developers are on the same high level, each of them doing things a bit differently. I dont have any A2A aircraft but accufeel which in combination with the RealAir Duke's and Realengine makes flying extremely satisfying.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the way A2A do stuff outside the box with their Accu-Feel etc. 

Hopefully they will be different enough. I get the impression that the A2A one will be an older model while the RA one will be newer. I'll probably get both, as long as they both work in P3D too.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I certainly won't buy both but I might buy one of them. Not even sure about that though. I love the RealAir Lancair Legacy too much. But it would be nice to have a real good version of this classic airplane, for short sighseeing flights around airports and things like that. Since I don't have any A2A planes yet, I would first look at that one, but if the RA version is indeed the simulation of a newer model, I might like that one more. I will probably wait until both are released and I've read some reviews. I am not in a hurry to get one.

I will get both.. But the question is which one will be released first? A2A is in beta testing right now. And I have no idea of development status of Real air.

1y329d.jpg

A2A due to the advanced Engine Modeling. In a GA this will make all the difference! But I expect the RA to come with a kick &@($* FDE also! Let's see, it will be fun to compare those two, and since lots of people have real C172 experience, lots of judges!

Alexis Mefano

I have always found the RealAir aircraft more fun to fly, so that would be the one I'm most likely to get. On the other hand if A2A is first... :ph34r:

Who ever releases first :biggrin: ........and then I'll buy the 2nd one also!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick