Sign in to follow this  
TracyQ

172, Realair or A2A?

A2A C172 will have full Dx10 support with self shadowing in VC

Thank you, I know it may sound odd, but cockpit shadows are important to me.  Cockpit shadowing on the Majestic Q400 is just brilliant!  Same with the Alabeo PA38 ... very smooth cockpit shadows.  And of course Steve's DX10 work.

Thank you, I know it may sound odd, but cockpit shadows are important to me.  Cockpit shadowing on the Majestic Q400 is just brilliant!  Same with the Alabeo PA38 ... very smooth cockpit shadows.  And of course Steve's DX10 work.

Yes, when he released his updated shaders I switched to Dx10 as well. I love VC self shadowing too. ;)

Michał Puto

A2A Simulations | Blockhouse-C | Twitter

If it has the "feel" of the Cub, I'll be crawing the A2A version. Realair makes great aircraft as well, but I seem to remember more copy protection hassle, so I'm not sure I'll buy anything from them again. If I need to be online to install I'm out. Whoever makes the easiest installer gets my money.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

That A2A video was/is very engrossing but...I remember the Aerosoft Katana 4X being engrossing as well with all of it's walkrounds, maintenace, wear etc. They all became less enthralling as (very little) time went by. So if I bought the A2A it would be sans Accusim. If it comes with Accusim as standard I'll wait for Realair.

Or...(Sacrilege alert!)  Who needs a C172 anyway? Not really a 'get your blood racing' type of kite is it?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Many of us fly the C172 in real life, so it is a desirable sim aircraft if done well.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I will go with RealAir,  I own the duke turbine and Lancaster, both are magnificent flying machines.

A2A as it will (most likely) release first. That said, I have the RealAir Scout, Duke and Lancair as well (and of course the A2A Cub). All fantastic aircraft. The Scout and Cub are my favorites of those, and the ones I fly regularly. This might sound silly, but I get most satisfaction out of flying something I can pretend to be able to afford someday. The Duke and Lancair feels like fast expensive sports cars that fly too fast for me to keep up with. :wink: I'm seriously looking forward to my pretend C172 (preferably a used one), spending time studying charts while planning the next flight - and doing everything by the book before, during and after. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread: Better (for me) to spend time flying one well prepared flight a week than several random hop-in-and-fly trips every other day. Just my 2 cents.  :smile:

Regards,

Frank

Better (for me) to spend time flying one well prepared flight a week than several random hop-in-and-fly trips every other day. Just my 2 cents.  :smile:

Nice point Frank :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread: Better (for me) to spend time flying one well prepared flight a week than several random hop-in-and-fly trips every other day.

I think that was me saying that but that was in the other topic.  ^_^ Anyway, I agree.  ^_^

• Whichever way to spin this topic, both are likely to be in the "higher" end price bracket. this would honestly leave me to choose only one model and not both. I am tending toward A2A only because it is likely to be first and likely to be an immersive experience I would be familiar with

If Scott from A2A is reading this thread then why, for instance, cannot he tell us if Accusim will be separate or bundled? Why the secrecy?  

At this eleventh hour what is with the price secrecy as well. Surely A2A can come up with a price by now - as do most companies offering a new product to the market - or is there some aspect of marketing I am missing here? I do have the 337 and the Cub from A2A and still find both enjoyable and I also have Accufeel - a great product at a great price... but all this hype and secrecy frustrates the heck out of me - I just don't see the need for it

Opposite opinion. No price = no arguing before release.

When its released and its too expensive, tough luck.

Arguing to the point where you must know the price as you need to put money aside doesn't have a strong case.

-Iain Watson-

All accusim releases to date have been the plane and a separate accusim package on top. If you buy both, there has been a bundling price rebate to the tune of $5. Without knowing for sure, I must admit that I would be surprised if it were to be different now.

Look at the current price of the P51D with accusim. I would guess that to be a ballpark figure.

A

Andrew Entwistle

I will buy one of these, but just one. Which one, that´s tricky. Two things helps me to make my decision:

1. fps

2. €:s

All I know, is that the Accusim P-51 is one of the most amazing payware planes I ever bought. I also love the Legacy and was my goto plane for quite some time. Both are indisputable champions in the addon game.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor