Sign in to follow this  
TracyQ

172, Realair or A2A?

All I know, is that the Accusim P-51 is one of the most amazing payware planes I ever bought. I also love the Legacy and was my goto plane for quite some time. Both are indisputable champions in the addon game.

I know what you mean.. :dance:

Yesterday I took the plunge and purchased the Accusim P-40. I wanted all on manual, not the automatic, hi-tech thing that the P-51 is...

Oh, my!! My clothes are still smelling avgas  :P The thing is awesome! Of course I just scratched the surface. There's going to be too much learning and flying the following weeks!

Don't get me wrong, I have the RealAir Turbine Duke which I love, I also have the RealAir Lancair Legacy in which I traveled half the globe. They are fabulous too! But I have to say that Accusim which models everything goes one step further.. I can say I'm really happy that A2A expanded their plans to GA with the C172! Can't wait for their F4 too..

My money will go to A2A. RealAir's products are great, but A2A's are game changing. The civilian P-51 is the second best add on out right now behind the NGX. This and the 777 are about to take their places.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Will only buy one.  Realair VC are usually super high quality, FPS can suffer a bit though and they dont have much of a used look.  Flight dynamics are always spot on.  They have some nice effects with the needle vibration and gear thump etc.

However A2A have moved the goal posts, the VC looks great, I would expect the dynamics to be spot on considering how much access they have to the real ac, hopefully the aircraft has the same feel as you get with Realair, the numbers might be correct but it has to feel real, something Realair do very week.

So Realair will have to pull something out the bag to make me spend money on both.

-Iain Watson-

I want the one that would do good IFR...by the numnbers.  Standard Rate Turn in a 172 is more important to me than spins...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

If Realair releases a G1000 version, I'll buy it when it's released.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Buth are great companies, a must buy for me.
After seing the A2A videos I tend to go for that one.
Also , I'll go with whoever supports P3D.

So Realair will have to pull something out the bag to make me spend money on both.

If Realair releases a G1000 version, I'll buy it when it's released.

If they also add floats, skis and tundra tires, then I am all in. ( Even as an expansion)

Cheers.

I own two of their planes which happen to be my faves in my hanger!

Howard, I am shocked. :O:P If you pay me, I won't tell though. ^_^

And, on topic, I'm leaning towards A2A because of the extra break/wear/maintenance features. Reminds me of the Katana when it comes to modern GA plane renditions. But we don't know yet if Realair also features some neat stuff.

I was wondering if the A2A will also be available as non Accusim model. Like the other releases of theirs.

I was wondering if the A2A will also be available as non Accusim model. Like the other releases of theirs.

Can't find it at the moment,  but I'm pretty sure that I read in one of the developer's posts that, due to the nature of the accusim component and the sponsors,  this time it will only be available fully accusimmed.  

Wait, it's Monday. That's not fair! :angry: :P Although I could load the battery or something. Mmm. :Big Grin:

Wait, it's Monday. That's not fair! :angry: :P Although I could load the battery or something. Mmm. :Big Grin:

I'm going to wait until the weekend though. I have a busy week and can't afford to be completely distracted.  :unsure:

Same here I guess. But I'd be more than happy to read the first reviews in the meantime. :smile:

Just bought the A2A version today and anxiously awaiting the RealAir version.. 

If steam it's a first day buy, if glass only it's a skip.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem