Sign in to follow this  
caseyfallen

After install of Version 2.2 the weather radar no longer opens controls.

Hello,

I was able to install the old version with no problems. After I run the 2.2 update the Voice FS2Crew No longer works. 

I made sure the batteries were on in the aircraft. I made sure I ran the config for the J41 again and looked at the Config, everything is where it should be.

I even ran the update 2.2 as administrator. Still cannot get this to work. Am I missing something here?

Any suggestions? This is really frustrating.

The whole program. It acts as if it is not installed. I try to click the weather radar to to open the controls. But nothing happens when I click there.

I guess I will ask some questions.

Was I suppose to just run the new installer and then everything should work?

Are there more steps I may be missing? Was I suppose to Save the J41 Configuration Manager Again?

I am really lost. I run the 2.2 installer startup FSX and the J41 and the program seems to be gone. As when I click the weather radar the nothing happens. Yes, batteries are on in aircraft and yes the lines are in the Panel.cfg.

I sure hope you have a suggestion. I have tried this 2.2 install several times with no luck. Every time, I have had to uninstall the whole program and go back to square one. Where I will install the original program and it will run great. Once I run the 2.2 installer. It seems the program is gone.

Is it maybe that it is not DX10 compatible? Seems that would be odd..since the original one works fine. I have no idea what is wrong.

I am using Windows 7.

Computer specs: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge - E / 3.6GHz, Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. Memory is 16GB of RAM, Video card is a 3GB AMD Radeon HD 7950, Hard drives are 500GB SSD Main Drive and a 60GB backup SSD for main system ops. Also have 2TB HDD hard drive and 500GB HDD

Please email me at:

admin **** at *** fs2crew.com

I'll help you via a Remote Desktop.

Please include your full name, order #, point of purchase and put J41 Problem in the subject so I know what this is about.

Cheers,

No, please resend.

Write PMDG J41 Remote Desktop in the subject line so I know it's you.

All you probably need to do is this:

1. Disable UAC.

2. Run the Config Manager as an "Admin".

3. Click Save.

It's probably a write permission issue.

Can you check your spam folder please? I have resent the letter several times now, with no response.

I used the "Subject" you asked for in the E-mails.

I need help. I have tried this 2.2 install again several more times. Being really careful to follow your directions and the install directions. With no success. 

What I do not understand is that the program works perfectly until I install 2.2. Once I do install 2.2, the installer says successful and complete. I can tell right away that the FSX is loading the flight sim really slow. Once it finally loads and I am in the plane, the weather Radar is not clickable to open the control panels. It acts as if it is no longer installed.

Hi Casey,

I got your email and responded a couple times..

Check your spam folder.

For the gauge, perhaps you accidentally selected "do no trust" when asked if you want to trust the new gauge.  That sometimes happens.

Try deleting your FSX.CFG file to start fresh.

I always check my SPAM folder. Didn't get your reply. Not sure why.

I tried doing a brand new config. Same exact thing happens. Program works fine with the original install. After I install 2.2 it no longer works. Why it stops working once the update is installed is beyond me.

At this point have tried everything. There is something in this 2.2 update that my system does not like. By any chance did you create the 2.2 to only work from C drive? The 1.1 works fine from my alternate drive. Just trying to help you help me at this point.

I can send you an alternate E-mail address if that will help us communicate better. 

Thanks so much for the help.

Hi Bryan,

Have to say I have had the same problem as well. New install, updated, ran the config manager for js41. Clicked the view button and mine comes up with a black box on all panels! However, I am thinking this might be gpu problem

• Upvote 1

I use an 3GB AMD Radeon HD7950. So I hope you will check if it is the GPU. I would like to be able to use the update. This is very disappointing.

I always check my SPAM folder. Didn't get your reply. Not sure why.

I tried doing a brand new config. Same exact thing happens. Program works fine with the original install. After I install 2.2 it no longer works. Why it stops working once the update is installed is beyond me.

At this point have tried everything. There is something in this 2.2 update that my system does not like. By any chance did you create the 2.2 to only work from C drive? The 1.1 works fine from my alternate drive. Just trying to help you help me at this point.

I can send you an alternate E-mail address if that will help us communicate better. 

Thanks so much for the help.

PM me via Avsim.

I'm not sure why we're not getting each other's email.

This issue is a weird one.  I suggest just using 1.1 for now.  The changes between 1.1 and 2 are very, very minor.

I use an 3GB AMD Radeon HD7950. So I hope you will check if it is the GPU. I would like to be able to use the update. This is very disappointing.

GPU wouldn't be a factor.

If I can do a remote desktop with one of you I could see it first hand and probably identify the issue in 10 seconds.

Same problem for me.  Long time user from when initially released.  Installed in a new I7 computer and applied 2.2 (never tested before applying 2.2).  

Details:

I have Win 7 professional 64

FSX acceleration

Fully patched aircraft

I can run Config manager and I get an opening screen but does not have all the options.  It just has pdf manual, visit the web, restore config files, fsx registry, strat fsx, mute voice regognition, speech rec init log.

My original FS2crew was purchased via pilot shop order on October 11, 2010.  Order 291301

I installed in admin mode and granting all permissions.

Just in case I uninstalled and reinstalled again without 2.2 and same.  

Thanks.