Sign in to follow this  
caseyfallen

After install of Version 2.2 the weather radar no longer opens controls.

Wallace,

Try re-installing the latest Visual Studio 2010 end user runtimes.

You can find them via google.

Also double check that FS2Crew is in fact on the J41's panel.cfg file.

Failing all that, send me a support ticket and tell me exactly what doesn't work.

Best

Bryan, thanks for tips. 

Problem solved.     My mistake.  In the instructions I confused the "FS2Crew J4100 Configuration Manager" with the  "PMDG J41 Configuration Manager" which of coarse is now wrapped into the PMDG Operations Center.   Therefore, as per instructions would happen, I never "saved" the panel (since could not find it as I was looking in the wrong place).  Perhaps others may make this mistake when speed reading the directions so take note. 

Interesting to note, In my case I have two panel.cfg files.   One that is in the J4100 folder that is not modified with FS2Crew items.  But there is a J41 subfolder that also has panel.cfg and that has the FS2Crew modifications. 

In any case, all is working!

Thanks for the great programs from FS2Crew!

I had the same problem, but I managed to get it working. However, the click spot on the weather radar does not work. I open it using SHIFT-6. Any tips on getting the click spot to work?

Thanks,

jaforsha

I'm having the same problem, but I checked the panel config and I find no commands for the FS2Crew panel.  I've checked the config manager and it finds FSX just fine.  How do I fix this?

Thanks,

jaforsha

Send me a support ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

If there are no FS2Crew entries on the panel.cfg file, it's usually because:

1. There's a write permission issue.  Some people have their FSX folder set to "read only".  Accordingly, nothing can write to anything inside the FSX folder.  Therefore, our config manager cannot add the FS2Crew entries to the panel.cfg file.

To help get around this, you should also ensure everything is run with Admin rights.

Right click on the FSX.exe and select "Run as Administrator".

To help avoid these types of issues, it's always a good idea to install FSX outside the "Program Files" folder.